ad: CQMM-1

** UNIQUE QSL CARDS - SHOW THEM HERE !!! **

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WL7LZ/SK2024, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WL7LZ/SK2024

WL7LZ/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

<span style='color:red'>**** UNIQUE QSL CARDS - SHOW THEM HERE !! ****</span>

Hello everyone.

<span style='color:green'>
    (UPDATE - 08/15/2004) I have put most of the QSL cards that didnt show at the end of the thread .. many cards now showing from Page 8 on. Took me a while to do this, but I got most done. Take a look everyone!</span>

<span style='color:red'>
    #1 DIRECTIONS FOR POSTING YOUR PHOTO ON YOUR REPLIES.... (updated 08/14/2004) REMEBER YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR POSTS (For the folks whose images didnt show)

1. Click on the IMAGE button ...
    2. add the address for the location of your image.
    QRZ already adds the http://
    3. You should see it at the bottom of your post, I just CUT
    the line that begins with "img" and ends with "/img"
    and then paste it back in to the post where I want it to
    appear in the post.

** For people who have already left posts and their images didnt show... go back and edit your reply again. **</span>

I created this thread so people could see other hams QSL cards..be photo, cartoon or something unique and explain how they came up with it. ALSO - times and freqs to work that station is listed as well.

The thread was EXTREMELY popular. FOR THE ORIGINAL THREAD CLICK HERE

(update 08/14) for some reason the cards are not showing. I emailed Fred on this and hope to have a reply. If you enjoy this thread please let him know. I am tired of reading threads that people yell and scream at one another, I enjoy threads what make me think, and make me laugh (at myself and others K8YS haha loved your card on the old thread) ... anyway let QRZ moderators know about this type of thread if you enjoy it.

Fromthe old thread... All the comments were positive, no negative anywhere in the thread. People simply enjoyed it. I think it was the only thread to have 8 pages with no negativity. Something rarely seen on a thread now-a-days.

One comment was .. "Nice non-negative thread and nice to read something nice for once and get lots of laughs as well"

(I hope QRZ.COM moderator approves it again.) I think it was the only thread where NO NEGATIVE came out of it... and there were tons of laughs as well. Everyone had fun.

I appreciate everyone submitting their cards and their schedules to be worked. I think there were 200 entries in the prior one.

<span style='color:red'>WHAT IS NEEDED...
    You unique QSL card. Story behind your card and if possible the time someone can contact you to attempt to get the card.</span>

I made the thread as a way to get some positive and
    humourous things back on the QRZ threads. I am tired of seeing everyone argue... but this thread was fun.

You can see peoples QSL cards and then attempt to work them and QSL for one.

If you like this thread let QRZ.COM know.

Mine is below.
    [​IMG]

Frequencies and times:
    HF
    28.465.55 at 1800Z. USB
    50.525.00 at 1825Z USB
    21.150.00 at 2000Z CW
    07.134.00 at 1500Z CW

Hope to see everyone again place cards in the thread. I would like to see more than the 200 before. I wish QRZ would make it a permanent thread accessable from the main page as I enjoy looking at peoples cards and seeing how they came up with them.

Again 73
    Mark
    WL7LZ
    (Former KB0HLP, N0ROC, WL7GU)
    [​IMG]

<span style='color:red'>*** TO POST YOUR CARD ON YOUR REPLY...
    When adding your reply there is a IMAGE button, goto that button and it will ask you for the HTTP address where your photo is located (I happen to use my QRZ bio image) To get the address goto your bio then RIGHT CLICK on the image, click on properties then CUT everything to the right of HTTP:// then in your message click on the IMAGE button then paste in the address. . **** (Added 08/14/04 per request)
    </span>

2. N5TJD

N5TJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my QSL card:
    [​IMG]

I made it using Adobe Photoshop. It has gone through several revisions before looking like this, and will probably change again.

I have both my country's flag and my state's flag on it. The image in the shape of the state of Texas is a picture I took a couple of months back. It is a view looking straight up into the dome of the State Capital Building in Austin, TX from the floor. You can't see it but the letters around the star in the center spell "TEXAS." The star is fairly large, it is just a couple hundred feet up. That is why it looks small.

I put the picture on my card because it is something interesting about the state where I live, and I took the picture myself, so I felt it makes the card a bit more personal. I like all sorts of QSLs, color or not, they all go on the wall, but I like to give someone a card they can enjoy.

As for working me, I only have antennas up for 20m and 40m currently, and I have no set frequency or time, feel free to e-mail me if you want to try to make contact. My e-mail is good on my QSL card above.

3. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K5USS

K5USS Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

This is something that I came up with one night and I like it.

You can usually find me monitoring 50.125 SSB most all the time if I am in the shack, and I call a net every Wednesday on 52.525 FM at 8PM central time.  

Other bands I will be monitoring are 144.200 SSB and 432.100 SSB

Charlie
    K5USS

5. W1JAB

W1JAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all,
    I enjoy this thread. I like full color cards, but any interesting card makes me a happy person.
    Mine is a photograph taken from my backyard observatory. Yep - I am very much involved with astronomy, so I figured I would show my other interests on my card. This is the Pleaides (M-45) in Taurus; a one hour photo taken through a 4" Petzval refractor with 400iso Kodak film. Enjoy!  

Best times to reach me: around 00Z-02Z SSB or PSK31 on 17m and 20m. I am always happy to send a card out.

~johnb  (W1JAB, ex-KB1HMJ).My QSL Card

6. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I usually send stock W4MPY cards cuz I'm cheap!, but I can print this one out if someone requests it.  Phun with Photoshop... the coil is really about an inch and a half tall, it's in the final section of a Clegg Zeus 2 Mtr AM/CW transmitter.
    Look for me on 40 or 30 mtr CW bands if you want this card, and you must request it specifically!

73 de WR2E
    Jeff

[​IMG]

Please have a look at my "other" hobby!
    Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association of NJ

7. K5GLH

K5GLH Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello from Bondurant, Iowa...
    My name is... Linnea, and I live with my husband Joe KJØL..and our 3 dogs Mikey Miller and Jazzy Jazz..

We live far enough out in the Iowa country side..that We can have an antenna farm.. The dogs love all the room, and Joe, and I love the peace, and quiet that comes from living there!

I aced my tech test with 100% the first time, and am now studying Morse code, and going for my general ticket..

Joe, and I own the 145.310- 114.8 toned 2 meter repeater on a 2000ft tower near Des Moines, Iowa...Its on echolink node number #12132..

We talk on it alot and have a lot great friends on it..

I Also love quilting, and have quilted since I was a really little girl.. I got the Vanity call QLT for quilts.. Seems..everyone who knows me calls me quilty!

73 From Quilty! KØQLT

9. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

FB OM
    I work mostly 6meter and need Ohio for WAS.

10. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Dynamic image posting: Disabled [​IMG]

11. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

MY NEW QSL...card
    of my chief operating position... I work hf/radio astronomy and lots of echolink stations on my 2meter repeater...from here as well as do astronomy with a Meade...12" CS...telescope I drag out everynight...

73 Joe
    KJ0L

12. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    Living somewhat near MIS (less than 30 miles), I asked the speedway if they had a picture that I could use on my QSL (after I explained what that was);  they wanted to be reassured that no copy write laws would be broken.
    They sent the image that day, and I emailed to UA3AA who did the lettering.  He emailed me a proof, and for $80.00 (including shipping from Moscow) two weeks later I had 1000 cards.  Just wanted something to reflect the area, and have had some great responses on these glossy photos.  Maybe I am bragging a little; but I like them.  hi hi
    Dale

13. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

14. N1ZZZ

N1ZZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my /MM card.  The ship is about 200 feet long and 54' of beam.  The name is the MV ASCENSION.  In the photo we are in the North Atlantic Ocean beating our way through the Trade Winds on our way from Florida to Ascension Island (ZD8).

The ship is loaded with a small number of containers and due to the fact that she was built for the Russian lumber trade in the northern rivers, has a propensity to roll a bit.

This picture was taken from the bridge wing and shows a typical day on the MV ASCENSION; that is averaging 10-20 degree rolls with extremes up to 42 degrees.

73 Jeremy

N1ZZZ/MM picture

15. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Moo!!!

Attached Files:

• kc0w.jpg
      kc0w.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
Thread Status: