Unconfirmed FT8 QSO'S

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K7MMH, Sep 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7MMH

K7MMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Relatively new on the frequency, Have made many contacts on on FT8, and SSB. I have many unconfirmed QSO'S with FT8. Is there a way to correct whatever is wrong. Thanks
    K7MMH Mike

YB8MAN likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

3. K7MMH

K7MMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So if there is an error, I can go to the qso and edit the mistake to match his or hers and how do I resend the corrections
    73 k7mmh

4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do think the entries are wrong? Why would you have "many" incorrect entries?

It is normal for any ham to have many contacts go unconfirmed. There are numerous reasons, in the end we are dealing with other people who their own lives, interests that affect their replying to QSO's.

QSL"ing is a numbers game. You get some soon, some you never get. Sometimes you get confirmation years later. In the end it is part of the challenge and charm of being a ham.

I strongly encourage honesty in RST reports and honesty in QSL'ing. Don't confirm contacts you haven't truly made. Don't alter your logs out of convenience in order to get a 'check in the box' for some operating goal, award or contest. There is no shame in replying "Sorry, NIL (Not In Log)".

Good luck! bill

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If the error is in your log, simply edit it. If the error is in your worked parties log, it is up to that party to edit its log. There is no need to "resend" as the system automatically resets itself upon each party's edit.