Unable to import an ADIF logfile

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KK4DKT, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As the quote above states, only outgoing QSOs appear in the downloaded ADIF file. It would be an improvement to include incoming QSOs as well as the outgoing QSOs, but that is currently not implemented.

2. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Only outgoing records? How are you supposed to back up your logbook?

This makes no sense. I didn't see that anyplace, either on the sign-up page (when I paid) or in the logbook manual.

3. W0BTU

Is this the right forum for asking these questions?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To W0BTU:

This is the right forum for discussing Logbook Support issues.

Subscribers at the XML level and higher do have the upload/download feature activated and you are using it.

You are not satisified with the content of the Logbook download in that it only includes outgoing QSO records and not incoming. You are correct that this is not mentioned in the QRZ Logbook User Guide.

I agree that it is more logical to include incoming records in the download but that is not what exists at the moment; I can only relate what exists. This feature is on a list of recommended improvements but it will be up to QRZ owner Fred to decide.

Having just returned to home base from extensive travel, Fred is about to revise the entire Logbook system in order to incorporate improvements

Thanks for your input, assistance and patience.

73, W1DQ

5. W0BTU

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.