Ultralight Portable Antenna Quest

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KC8VWM, Jun 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

What did I tell you? Prof. Bushell is quite the hidden genius. He even rides the wave of technological advances on his daily commute to work!

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Update:

Despite the antenna being light weight and it's using "tape" as an antenna radiator, the antenna hasn't encountered any construction or mechanical issues when using it in various outdoor operation scenarios. It continues to perform with my FT-817 flawlessly on 9 bands without any antenna tuner whatsoever. Even during the crappy sunspot prorogation lately I have continued to make plenty of QRP contacts with it. It's one of those portable antenna's that's a keeper. :)

AK5B likes this.
  3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I didn't know we had 3-dollar bills.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah it's the one with a portrait of Colonel Sanders on it.

AK5B likes this.
  5. K8ERV

I was hoping for Vanna.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KC8VWM likes this.
  6. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Pre Civil War era banks issued their own currency. A few of these banks in the East and South actually issued $3 bills, many of which depicted steamboats, locomotives and various pastoral scenes just as their lower and higher denominations did. They were printed from engraved steel plates and the quality was usually quite high. Google "broken banknotes" if interested further ( I used to collect them back in the 1980s when they were fairly affordable and plentiful at major coin shows).

So yes, we did have $3 bills (and not to forget the ultra-rare and collectible $3 gold "Stellas" minted in the 1870s, either)

Jeff

KC8VWM likes this.
  7. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Still? Isn't she in a retirement home by now?

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. K8ERV

I learned something.
    I will promptly forget it.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

AK5B likes this.
  9. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell me about it. That's what happens to us when we get old. At least you haven't forgotten Miss White (neither have I).

10. K8ERV

She makes $4M/year. I hear she recently bot the home.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

AK5B likes this.