ad: Mountaingoat-1

Ultra Portable Plug And Play PSK/RTTY/CW Digital Modem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jun 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

This comment is addressing videos from months ago up until now.. Comments like:
    "This is not news, this shouldn't be here"
    "Tired of everyone being a YouTube star with radio. Just tell us what the product is"
    "What happens if YouTube goes away, you will have to get a real job" HAHAHA, i work 55+ hours a week, and do this sometimes 3am before work to complete a video..
    "I'd rather read an article then have you make a video about it"
    "yah yah, another Chinese radio..."
    "yah yah, another D-star radio... "

So this doesn't fit here, fine... I am not posting here anymore.. Besides, my traffic comes from YouTube, not QRZ, i am just posting it to QRZ as a courtesy to interest the people that may not watch YouTube regularly..

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

So, then, why are you doing it? I looked at the video, and your YouTube page, and came to the same conclusion others did here - you forgot to indicate what you were reviewing! I have never commented on any of your videos before, or watched one until today, and that's the first thing I thought of - how will someone find this if you don't put it in the description?

It's a valid piece of feedback, no?

Obviously, do what you want...

WB4M and KK6QMS like this.
  3. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

KK6QMS likes this.
  4. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see posts and comments in YouTube videos all the time, with suggestions on how the producer of the video could have made things more clear, left out irrelevant babble, etc. Most were valid comments. Please don't take the comments personally, they are meant as constructive criticism. Actually I probably would appreciate honest critique of any video I made.

K0PIR and KK6QMS like this.
  5. N4UVR

N4UVR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After reviewing our Field Day logs, it turns out one of the other operators for our KE4FD call was the one you were copying in the video. Thought it was me. Oh well. Still pretty cool you actually were copying our station! You are doing a good things for the Amateur Radio community. Keep up the good work. There are a lot of us out here that really appreciate you! 73, N4UVR

6. N7BUS

N7BUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Eric, I enjoy all your videos, keep doing what you're doing, everything else it's just noise... tune them out

7. N4JZY

N4JZY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

your right about many rude individauls who comment...I like your post and video it was very well filled with infromation to start with..THANK YOU....dont worry about the idiots who complain and cry about everything there not worth anything...The hobby is as is a hobby and should be fun.so enjoy it and post more videos on your terms .Some people is looking for the infromation such as myself to enjoy the research to find items such as this.. great video review.

9. G1ZZA

G1ZZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    Great Video Ive ordered one.
    Any chance of showing all connections / cables needed
    thanks

10. PP8DA

PP8DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice report, I am intrested in this type of comunication and you helped a lot to understand better. 73´s de Nick pp8da

11. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw those at Dayton in 2014 or so. Neat idea, but at $300, it worked out to $1 per miliiwatt. One of the Ukranian SWL knock-offs and a cheap Android tablet gives you at least 8x the power.

12. N4JZY

N4JZY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No power associated with a modem

13. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a very similar looking unit at Dayton that I thought was the Nue-PSK -- had an antenna jack and did a whopping 300mW. An Asian fellow was selling them -- $300 each, IIRC. Had similar looking controls and screens.

14. HS0ZIB

HS0ZIB Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, my comments:

On the one hand, the OP needs to change his attitude and stop being so confrontational with his potential customers.

But on the other hand, are some of you guys who are moaning at the OP brain dead? I watched his video and within about 5 minutes, he explained that the full details of the modem and where to buy it etc was given in the detail text of his Youtube video. I looked at the same video on Youtube and there was detailed text with the Ebay link to purchase it and details of who the seller is.

This looks like a great unit. The review video is very clear and detailed, and I know exactly where to buy the unit. Thanks.

K6UMA likes this.
  15. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the point (or my point, at least) was the model / brand isn't included in the title or meta data tags - if you were to google the device, you wouldn't find the video. That was all, that was my only suggestion.

No biggie!