ad: elecraft

Ultra Portable Plug And Play PSK/RTTY/CW Digital Modem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jun 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

So, when you want to go QRP or portable with your gear, and you want to eliminate your laptop from your Go-Kit, you may want to check one of these out. 2 AA batteries lasts more than a solid weekend. Plug and play.

More videos to come QRP portable PSK/RTTY with this.

Subscribe to HamRadioConcepts on YouTube and Facebook

Attached Files:

KB4MS, KC4JQH, K6ACJ and 4 others like this.
  2. 4L5P

4L5P Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it very much, de 4L5P best 73.

3. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow having to dig for basic info is really annoying. Present the make/model of what you are reviewing in the post text and/or at the =beginning= of your video.

N3DAW likes this.
  4. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"
    Wow having to dig for basic info is really annoying. Present the make/model of what you are reviewing in the post text and/or at the =beginning= of your video.
    "

YEP... Agreed

5. KJ4YZI

OK... so I am trying to spread the video and get other people watching this video, I am not trying to tell you where to go look for this online. If i lay out the info in a sentence and nobody watches the video, what does that benefit me?.. I am not really "reviewing" these things, rather just showing you what they are... You don't care what my opinion is of these units. And this will be my last post on QRZ page for any future videos. Nothing but rude and hateful comments to not only me, but a lot of others posting videos out here. 73.

KC2P and N7BUS like this.
  6. KK6QMS

Come on man- where's that backbone? Yes I will admit I do not want to watch an entire 21 minute video to randomly discover the make/model/sources for the product you are offering information on. And yes, you are reviewing it. Benefit to YOU? I assume you are trying to monetize your videos. Who cares. The benefit should be to this community. Clear, concise, easily accessible info on the product you are providing info on shows respect for people's time.

For those interested- there are many from China- this one is $145- cool product- I may get one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSK-MODEM-E...567212?hash=item3d39d99a6c:g:3bkAAOSwq1JZDZ2A

AE0Q and W6KKO like this.
  7. KJ4YZI

Then go find the information somewhere else.. I won't be posting here anymore. You're welcome.

N7BUS likes this.
  8. KJ4YZI

Then don't watch it. Ignore my YouTube channel, and go watch something else.. I'm sure you have learned or benefits from somebodys YouTube video... If you haven't, then get out there and spend hours upon hours creating your own videos so you don't have to watch mine. It's a full time job. So a little monitization helps with my time and effort. I know that there are thousands of people who have made decisions or discovered ham radio stuff through my videos.. So that is a benefit to me knowing i enlightened someone else.. I can't please everyone. I can however choose where i will show these videos, and QRZ will no longer be one of them.... This isn't the first time i hear people negatively criticizing my content, so instead of fight all of them, i will walk away.. That should make them happy.. 73

K9PLG and N7BUS like this.
  9. KK6QMS

Too bad you want to pout and walk away. Nobody said the info in your video was of no value to them. Good luck. C

10. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey YZI,
    The video ok. Made me curious. Try more videos. Hams are curious sorts. Opinionated and smart. Thanks

11. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Will stick with Fligi on my tablet connected to a Flex 1500.... Works great

12. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

"Nothing but rude and hateful comments to not only me, but a lot of others posting videos out here. 73." - I don't see anything rude or hateful, asking that you state what it is that you're reviewing is a pretty basic request!

Some folks are giving you feedback here; a better approach might be to understand why, and see what you can do to address it. "...I am trying to spread the video and get other people watching this video..." - If you want to attract an audience, you probably should listed to your audience.

You will make a better product if you listen to your customers - that's just a fact. But you can't do that if you can't accept constructive criticism. The request here is basic - what are you reviewing? There is noting in the video's metadata that I can see that would even make it come up in a search! A fair amount of potential viewers might have heard of this modem, or found it on eBay, and search for a review - and they will miss your video.

Good luck!

Steve
    KV6O

K3UJ and KK6QMS like this.
  13. LB4FH

LB4FH Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a bit more written information about it here: VA2SS
    I ordered one now just to try it out, if it works as described it's going to be a very nice addition on SOTA trips :)

W0RIO, K3TEF and WB4M like this.
  14. W7KEY

W7KEY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes The hookup[ was unclear

15. N4UVR

N4UVR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Eric,
    Pretty cool! I was working KE4FD this past Field Day in Panama City, FL and saw the call being received in your video. I was using my go box with the Yaesu FT450D and a USB SignaLink and a small laptop. The little modem would be cool with the FT817nd going portable. I will check it out. Thanks for the video. You made my day!!!!! 73, Cory, N4UVR