ad: portazero-1

Ultra-Portable Amateur Digital Comms EP03 NBEMS Picture Messages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Dec 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello operators
    Today I've published the third video in the Ultra portable amateur digital communications series. In this video we take you through sending an NBEMS picture message for ham / amateur radio using AndFLMsg from an FT-817ND, to a Baofeng HT. AndFLMsg is the android version of FLMSG running on Linux and Windows.

This episode guides the operator through:
    - Creating an NBEMS picture message template with AndFLMsg.
    - Compiling the NBEMS Picture message and sending it over radio to another station.
    - Sending a confirmation message that the picture messages has been received successfully.

The transmitting station is powered by an HTC Nexus 9 running Android 7, while the
    receiving or field station is powered by a Baofeng UV-82l on Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.

I think it's good stuff guys, I hope you enjoy.

de OH8STN

NA7RX and KD2GUD like this.
  2. KC3EDQ

KC3EDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great info!! Thank you

OH8STN likes this.
  3. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool! Great video.

To bad us Apple OS users don't seem to have that same flexibility with our phones.

OH8STN likes this.
  4. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah people keep asking for iPhone iPad videos but there really isn't that much out there. Black cat systems is doing apps for iPhone, but nothing for emcomm NBEMS yet.

de OH8STN

5. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I've looked at some of black cats app's and wasn't to crazy about them, but have downloaded a couple.

Just subscribed to your channel. Now I've got a new channel to keep me busy and enjoy. We too run the FT817 and frequently train for the what if scenario's.
    Keep the vids coming and I'll keep in touch.

OH8STN likes this.