UISS's display text not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KF6BL, Aug 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KF6BL

KF6BL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys,

Just downloaded UISS and opened the program. Seems the displayed text in multiple locations, including the Setup screen, is larger than the box they are displayed in. As an example, on the main screen it shows Your Call but my call sign is on top of the word Call.

I am using Windows 7 Pro. I have tried different screen resolutions but no change.

If anyone can help solve this issue I would appreciate it immensely.

Thanks in advance.

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

using win7 pro here - this is my screen & setup
    upload_2021-8-13_7-1-6.png

screen res is 1360 x 768
    on the screen setup where it says make text larger or smaller - mine is set to 100% as is custom text size
    upload_2021-8-13_7-4-46.png

3. KF6BL

Thanks CGA. I checked those parameters and there was no change. So I uninstalled the software and will reinstall later. I also installed on my Win10 machine and it was fine. But the Win7Pro is the data machine,

Here is what it looks like on my machine.[​IMG]

4. KF6BL

Let me make a correction. When I changed text size in screen resolution, the main screen of UISS looked normal. However, the setup was still overwriting some text or radio button text was still not visible. Reinstalling the software did not change its appearance.

Guess I'll have to live with it. The monitor field is just fine and that is what counts.

Truly much appreciated. I'll keep playing with it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

for some reason this didnt post so here goes again

well theres gotta be something...
    I'll give you my setup screens... running UISS version 5.4.2 here
    upload_2021-8-13_9-20-26.png upload_2021-8-13_9-23-56.png upload_2021-8-13_9-29-18.png upload_2021-8-13_9-30-4.png

I wonder what monitor are you using. I'll check to see if my old dell laptop displays UISS properly as well