UHF/VHF Begged home base?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KA6EZH, Feb 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KA6EZH

KA6EZH Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

If you want a puppy, ask for a pony.
    Tom WA4ILH

W6KCS likes this.
  3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Diplomacy: the fine art of letting someone else have your way.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My current XYL couldn't care less, especially since I pay every single bill and she doesn't pay anything.:p

However, my ex-XYL, who did contribute to household expenses (she made a lot of money, and we split most household bills 50/50), did care so I came up with a solution:

"Honey, you won't believe what this guy was throwing away!":)

5. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

BB King sang a song entitled "Paying the Cost to be the Boss".

6. WB2WIK

I don't mind.

I also own my house independently since I bought it before we were married, so the title is only in my name.

Doesn't really matter, it became community property after ten years or something, anyway.:p So did my property down in Encinitas, which I bought many years before we were married, and is now paid off.

We have a property in Germany also, which only I paid for but their laws are different and I really don't care what they are: When you're dead, you're dead and what happens after that won't bother me.:p

7. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WIK:

My first, and only, XYL gave her 2-weeks notice at the insurance company at which she worked (in Atlanta, Georgia) 2-weeks before I graduated college. We then moved to Richardson, Texas.

After graduating, I made enough salary so that she did not have to work. Instead, she stayed home and raised 3-daughters. However, in the virtually 54-years that we have been married, I have also learned when to present an argument and when to stay silent.

But, as far as my amateur radio activities go, as well as my other interests, as long as I change the time on her clock collection when daylight saving time starts, and ends, no problems! By the way, she bought another clock this afternoon. That makes 56-clocks in this house!

Glen, K9STH

8. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like she has a lot of time on her hands! ;)

9. WB2WIK

I'd be tempted to throw at least one of them out the window so I could see time fly.

10. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WIK:

If I did that, I would then see Glen fly!

Glen, K9STH