ad: vanity

uBitx $109 USD

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4FFAB, Dec 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

FFAB:

From the previous comments, it seemed that people were getting information direct from the company about their order. I am very aware that PayPal will send a message when the item has shipped.

Glen, K9STH

2. K7OB

K7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the RD15 swap just a direct replacement? No other parts need to be changed?

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine arrived yesterday, hopefully I'll find some time to put it together! :)

4. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

No its not a direct replacement, pin outs are different, output impedance is different and needs the output transformer rewound etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  5. N6ALT

N6ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

I received my uBITX yesterday at 10:30AM and made my first QSO by noon. It's a great radio with great receive audio and transmit audio. Next step is to install in a nice metal enclosure.

Joel
    N6ALT

VK4FFAB, AE0Q, KJ4VTH and 1 other person like this.
  6. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I got a notification, from the supplier, a few minutes ago telling me that they processed the PayPal payment on 12 December. I am now "in-line" for a shipment.

Not all that timely! The payment was authorized, by me, late on the 9th of December and it shows completed on the 12th.

Glen, K9STH

7. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

Obviously its not all that timely, they had 1000 boards and those sold out in 2 days and by the end of the week they had backorders for more than another 1000 boards. They are doing better at getting them out than qrp-labs are, im looking at 10 weeks for my order of a qcx. It is what it is, these business are not icom or amazon, they just do not have the man power to deal with such order volumes other than with time. The fact they had only a 3 week lead time to have boards spun up over christmas is amazing.

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Glen,

I haven't heard directly from HFSigs yet, but I just received notification from PayPal that mine has shipped, with tracking number.

Now I'm sorry I overslept and missed the monthly club breakfast... one of the guys is giving me a case to use! (Just have to hope he comes to the next meeting!)

According to the DHL website, the kit is currently sitting in Bangalore, India, and is due to be delivered on Tuesday.

9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I got mine about a week ago, still sitting here in the box. I have a Bud case arriving today, maybe I'll get it going and post some pictures!

10. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I sure wish there was a prefab case for this radio.