U.S. Congress: HR 4969--extending PRB-1 to private CC&Rs

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA7DU, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. NI7I

NI7I Guest

good information....

2. KU0O

KU0O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If it works for them it can work for us!

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

...except, even though there was a pecuniary interest by direct broadcast providers, the FCC pushed OTARD because of their concern about public safety.

The difference is, MOST hams do little (if any) public service work. Ever. IME, the ARRL wants it to go thru so they can sell more ads for equipment (the same reason for making a ham ticket easier to obtain). Individual hams want to buy that equipment so they can talk to their buddies and work DX and contests. The reasons for supporting HR4969 are hardly altruistic.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The reasons for politicians to support "anything" is rarely altruistic. I think it's mostly about getting re-elected.

And our current Congress is mired so deeply in doing nothing, I'd be impressed it they actually accomplish anything this quarter, other than 3-martini lunches and debating issues of no concern to anyone.:p

5. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It depends on what you are fishing for. Eastern Wa lakes are better than western Wa. lakes especially for trout fishing. Limits are pretty small these days.
    Western WA rivers are better for Steelheading and Salmon fishing and not much else. Limits are just 2 or 3 of either. We are literally BURIED in regulations,
    especially for rivers.
    Lakes anywhere near a population center get fished out pretty fast after opening day.
    Then there is the (in)famous Judge Boldt decision back in 1974. I was fishing a LOT both before and after. You wouldn't believe the difference.:mad:

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

While I think that's also true, I wasn't commenting on our Congress critters' motivation. I was commenting on the motivation of those driving the legislation... ARRL, equipment manufacturers & dealers, and hams.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.