TYT UV8000D repeater problem

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by GM0PRO, May 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
  1. GM0PRO

GM0PRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m just getting back into amateur radio after approx 30 years! Anyway I’ve just bought myself the above hand held radio...It didn’t come with any software. I live close to a repeater(Isle of Mull) I can pick up the outward frequency and listen to conversations but I can’t find out how to set-up the radio to access the repeater? Any ideas how to do this? Do I have to get the software to do it? Cheers, Pete GM0PRO

2. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You should be able to set that up using just the radio menus. You'll just need to set the offset (or transmit frequency) and pl tone if there is one. I don't know that specific radio, so can't really take you any further, but its not terribly different from the Baofeng and other similar radios. The menus should be reasonably simple. It's likely, press the F button, use the arrows, when you find an item to change, press F again, set the parameter, F again, etc.

It's usually a little less painful to use a computer to program it. RT Systems makes software and a cable for it, $50 US. CHIRP will program it, and it's free. The TYT software is also available for download on the Radioddity web site. Programming cables should be available via Amazon or the like. Same cable that works on the Baofeng radios, Radioddity, TYT, etc.

3. GM0PRO

GM0PRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your reply...I’ll check it out tomorrow cheers

4. KB3UWC

KB3UWC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is a link to the tyt UV8000E factory software. It looks like the D&E use the same software. i used it to program my 8000E. I only use it for cross band repeat.
    73 Steve KB3UWC

5. KB3UWC

KB3UWC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I forgot to paste the link https://www.radioddity.com/pages/tyt-download