TYT TH9800

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by KJ4RT, Feb 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

TYT TH9800 software will not work/install on Mac High Sierra does anyone know of a solution or am I going to be stuck with using my windows laptops for programming this unit.

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Try CHIRP which lists the TH9800 as a supported radio. Keep in mind that this is free, open-source software and that it may or may not work for all functions for all radios. Oftentimes, the poor-quality, knockoff chipset cables provided by these low-cost Chinese companies cause more problems on macOS than they're worth. However, FWIW, support for CHIRP is provided via their mailing list.

3. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know if that will work or not. I have tried it on my TIDRADIO TD H6 and it shows that it reads the radio O.K. but then a little error screen comes up in the top left portion of the pane saying Failed to read radio there is an intergal missing, whatever an intergal is.

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thus my warning that it may not work for all functions, but I believe that it is the only thing that will work on macOS that has a shot at doing what you want.

You also could try a Windows virtual machine install to run the software, such as with Parallels or VMWare.