TYT TH-UVF9 Problem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by M3KNK, May 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. M3KNK

M3KNK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two of these; one works fine but the other has a problem with the A band VFO in that CTCSS is permanently enabled. Try as I might, I cannot disable it. The menu functions (25,26,27) which set the tones does not display the OFF option, but all the tone frequencies are available. In desperation, I did a full reset, but the problem didn't go away.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Many times when the Off function is not available, It is because it is already off.

Is there a On selection ?

3. M3KNK

Thanks for the reply. However, there is neither ON or OFF option available and the A band is locked in ON. I can change tones, but not remove them completely. I'm not sure if the full reset worked either, as despite taking a long time, nothing seemed to have changed afterwards and all the memory channels were still intact. The B band VFO works normally and offers ON/OFF CTCSS options as expected.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK.

You may have to put the radio in "Dial Mode" to change the settings.

Then save the settings to memory. I do not own that radio for testing. :(

Good Luck.

5. M3KNK

Thanks for your interest. Some good news: I have discussed the problem with the supplier of the radio and despite being well out of warranty, they have offered to provide me with a replacement.
    In the meantime, I will have another go at reset.