TYT TH-9000D Locked Up

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AD7BF, Feb 29, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That looks like the Chinese display.

When you do a factory Reset, You can get that.

There is a combination of keys to press on power up, To set it back to English.:)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. N5MRG

N5MRG Ham Member QRZ Page

Lol
    It’s not Chinese characters.

I have created a TH-9000 users group on fb to assist those with technical issues.

Heres one new issue that happens with the latest version of the 9000.
    They now have the radios locked to only do 150-160 MHz and 450-460mhz. This renders these radios useless to hams.
    I am researching a way to unlock the frequencies and will post in the group.

3. KA9JLM

Normally, The original programming software will let you do more than Chirp or other 3rd party software will.

It sounds like someone was poking around blindly if it won't work on the ham bands. o_O

Post your outcome here, So we don't have to suffer the problems using Facebook. ;)

Good Luck.

4. KD2FIQ

KD2FIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Another dead TYT-TH9000D here. Lasted 5 years (Purchased 2/12/2015).
    20200528_082625.jpg

5. KA9JLM

5 years may be normal for a radio at their price point. :eek:

6. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I'll add another 220 (9000) to the fray. Mine is installed in my car and has been trouble free for I guess 4+ years. Last Saturday I disconnected the battery so I could do
    some AC work on my car ('01 CRV). Working inbetween some showers and when I felt like it I completed my AC work today. Re-connected battery, all else in car is good....IC-7000 and of course the ac. But the 9000 won't power on. I get a chirp, momentary button backlight, absolutely no illumination of display (remains blank) and then it beeps again and it shuts off. Same thing each time I try power button. The radio was powered off when I first pulled neg lead from battery. I've now disconnected rig from vehicle power and I'll let it sit till tomorrow. I'll report back then.

Wayne
    n4eyz

7. KA9JLM

That is a bummer.

Maybe the ribbon going to the control head has a connection problem.

What really sucks with those radios, Is that the display needs to be working so that you can get to the factory reset menu.

8. N5MRG

All of the TYT TH-9000 radio failures have been due to the same component. I have repaired dozens of these things now and am working on a permanent fix to solve the failure mode.

I have yet to see any other part fail in these radios.

9. N5MRG

Five years must be the record.
    Your CML chip has failed hanging up the C-bus to the host cpu.
    This is the same failure they all suffer.

10. N5MRG

I will gladly take any of these failed radios off your hands provided no repairs have been attempted.