Canceled TYT MD-2017 and external mic

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by VE6LK, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE6LK

VE6LK Ham Member QRZ Page

TYT MD-2017 dual band analog/DMR HT. Comes complete with all items in the box from the factory. Includes radio, battery, belt clip, antenna, mic port cover, charging base + wall adapter, programming cable. Added generic hand microphone. Original purchase date December 2017 as seen in the photo. Unit is shown working in one of the photos. The unit will be shipped with a blank codeplug as if it came from the factory.

Radio and accessories are cosmetically 9 out of 10. Front bezel has light scratching as seen in one photo. Radio has current firmware for 100k contacts. Radio works as it should however requires external mic in order for audio to be transmitted. This unit is priced accordingly for this issue.

This item comes from a smoke-free home. The dogs haven't learned how to use the radios yet.

$130USD (or $175 CAD) includes tracked post office shipping within Canada and the USA. Payment by PayPal. No returns due to parts swappers. Contact via email on my QRZ page or via messaging.

Attached Files:

2. N4QWK

N4QWK Ham Member QRZ Page

So you're saying that the internal mic does not work?

3. VE6LK

I believe the condition is best known as Muted. If I speak into it really loud I can hear transmitted audio but it is super-quiet. DTMF works with or without the external mic.

There are [very] few documented cases of it happening when you attempt to hot plug the mic.

4. VE6LK

Price drop - $110USD including shipping to CONUS USA or $150CAD including shipping anywhere in Canada.

Willing to swap for a pi-star hotspot.

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.