tyh th9800

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by PROFIT, Mar 8, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. AC8RI

AC8RI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got 2 of these radios, the oldest being over a year old. I've rarely (Twice?) had the lockup problem, but cycling power straightens it out. CHIRP works well with my setups. I've always had good reports with a variety of antennas. Currently both using the MFJ quad bander.

Last winter, a sheet of ice broke my antenna, I didn't notice until I keyed up and filled the cab with smoke. The damage was 1 PIN diode in the band switching section. It was easily repaired. Internally, this seems well built.

I've used the cross band repeat. The Chinglish manual makes it sound much more complicated than it is.

If the buttons appear locked up, the first thing to check is the 'lock' function. It is enabled by pressing the lower left knob for a time. It is so easily locked and unlocked by accident that this feature seems less than totally useful.

2. EA1JAG

EA1JAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone: I have a problem with this radio and it is because I mistakenly gave the "clear data" button in the software to update the firmware and now there is no way to turn it on. I have tried everything and can not think of anything. Someone who has some idea of how to revive it. Thank you very much in advance. Greetings.