ad: elecraft

Two projects with AMSAT ties selected for NASA launches

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8HM, Feb 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N8HM

N8HM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Two cubesat missions with ties to AMSAT have been selected as part of the eighth round of the NASA CubeSat Launch Initiative. These spacecraft are eligible for placement on a launch manifest after final negotiations, depending on the availability of a flight opportunity.

TJREVERB is a cubesat from Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, in Alexandria, Virginia. This satellite will include an AMSAT Fox mode U/v FM radio system, and will be capable of serving as an analog FM repeater.

HuskySat-1 from the University of Washington in Seattle will carry a mode V/u linear transponder and 1200 baud BPSK beacon similar to RadFXsat-2. The satellite will demonstrate plasma propulsion and high gain telemetry in advance of a larger cubesat lunar mission.

The complete list of satellites selected may be found at on the NASA web page. Further information will be shared when available.

http://www.amsat.org/?p=5795

[​IMG]

KA0HCP and WD9EWK like this.
  2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The innovations that NASA in conjunction with Ames research and many other entities concerning SPACE EXPLORATION are absolutely mind-boggling when you think about what OUR (USA) young researchers are creating in our Natl-Labs, like the ongoing creation of a "Solid state battery using "Carbon-fiber technology"!!! INCREDIBLE STUFF which many of OUR YOUNG SCIENTISTS & ENGINEERS are working on right now!!! Some of MY PEERS (BABY-BOOMERS), me included, know OUR KIDS and future young "Americans" will CONTINUE TO MAKE ALL OF US "PROUD" & continue to BENEFIT MANKIND!!!

3. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if the lunar mission will be orbital or will it land WOW ! sure would be nice to have a repeater on the moon. Hope I am still around to work it! 73 see you all on the BIRDS Phil KI6PMD

4. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I love working The Birds and have been doing so for years. From AO-10 , AO-27 the RS 12/13 and many more
    Not just ISS but Skylab as well
    I Love The Birds if working with my Arrow Hand Held Beam or my Arrays with azimuth elevation rotator
    BUT
    Have to say we need NASA to.........
    HARVEST THE OVERWHELMING AMOUNT of SPACE JUNK ASAP

[​IMG]