ad: CQMM-1

Twilight Zone Via Ham Radio Long Path To Africa

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by ZS1SBW, Oct 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ6TOA/SK2023

KJ6TOA/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

its always enjoyable to work LP to Billy. Great Video!

M1WML likes this.
  2. WA2OOO

WA2OOO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A bunch of guys myself included speak with Shawn ZS1SBW frequently mornings here from the east coast, always long path. Signals vary but usually in the S8-S9 range. I am using a 4 element cubical quad on 20 meters and 200 watts, and there are many other combinations that have contacted Shawn with both bigger and smaller antennas and stations. There are even other guys in South Africa with just dipoles that can be heard here on the East Coast most mornings. This would be 13-1400 UTC. Loved the video, thank you so much.

ZS1SBW and M1WML like this.
  3. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Doc Seymour W6 Charlie Charlie Papa (SK) taught many a ham to always check the long path especially to ZS/Indian Ocean and more. Especially from W6 and W7 land...

" CQ DX Asia CQDX India CQDX Indian Ocean. Long path this is California Calling..Doubleyou Six Charlie Charlie Papa.... Doubleyou Six Canada Canada Portugal...."

As we get into the next cycle it's good to refresh the opportunities of working DX even in compromise situations...sunspots are fun..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  4. KG7LGG

KG7LGG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for another tool in the box! Great information.

M1WML likes this.
  5. KC1CCG

KC1CCG Ham Member QRZ Page

those guys are eleven meter types

6. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why I still work CB. Tough guys in leather jackets who still work AM, don't bow down to the man, just like the old days. Hobby purists, really.

K6MTS and N2UHC like this.
  7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny, because when he asked "Now you boys wouldn't happen to be ham radio operators, would you?" and they laughed, I half expected them to say, "We be 11 meter modulators, c'mon?"

8. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great informative video Jim! Been a subscriber for awhile now, keep up the good work OM.

ZS1SBW likes this.