TV Show The Last Ship using ham radio?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WF3J, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1CZZ

N1CZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, they are getting better. I've been checking some clips from movies in the past and many times they don't use callsigns, or if they do it is just a few times and then the next day they will initiate a qso again and never give a callsign. I've also noticed many time they must tell them to fiddle with the knobs, but to me they are moving knobs at an incorrect time, but maybe it is my ignorance of some of the older radios.
    In Last Man Standing not a word was mentioned when Mandy get's on the air and talks for quite a while, she is not licensed. But anyway, both Last Man Standing and The Last Ship are good shows and they aren't produced to properly promote Ham Radio, it is what it is.

Oh, one more, I think a more recent movie about a couple meeting on the air has them using handles,,nick names like CB....gesh

2. K5VOR

K5VOR Ham Member QRZ Page

One thing I have noticed is that on a lot of their 'comm screens' They are actually running ham radio deluxe in full screen mode. I love the show and can't wait for the second season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.