Turkey Day Net (TDN) 2019

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KT7DAD, Oct 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yes making Ham and navy bean soup tomorrow

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ham with swiss on Rye for the WIN!!! :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

KP4SX, KJ4VTH and K9ASE like this.
  3. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard you on Thanksgiving, couldn't reply as others jumped in but as I recall your audio was clear and your signal was strong here in Wyoming...

WZ7U likes this.
  4. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here, return is in the mail.

Nice card Dave, glad to be part of your TS-820 project.

-Dave

K9ASE and W7UUU like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was part of Dave's "Eico 753 WAS" project. He sent me a QSL card with a picture of an Eico 753 on it.

The card drifted across the room.:p Only kidding, the contact was fine and I was using a 41 year-old TR-7 while he used a 50 year-old 753. So we had a 90+ year old gear contact.:)

K7TRF and K9ASE like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:)

You will shortly see one with a TS-820S on it.... it should stay put quite nicely. Your 753 QSL card was last seen somewhere over New Hampshire, at about 9800 feet and still rising, and moving East :D

Dave
    W7UUU

7. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

My humble card is filled out and in the SASE. :)

W7UUU likes this.
  8. W7UUU

And I will look forward to receiving it as I slowly work through yet another "Nostalgic Worked All States" project with yet another great old rig :)

Dave
    W7UUU

W4RAV, K9ASE and N0NB like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that, it helps me think this antenna question through. You heard me on 40, right?
    I think I'm seeing why one of my little tuners got snap happy on a "resonant" band multiple now.

Darn, I could use WY confirmed on 40 & 20. Well, not that I'm chasing anything award wise. Next time around then. :)

10. W7UUU

Hi Eric - I would be happy to try on 40m most any evening as well.

And ya know - you don't need to "chase any awards" to still find fun in "working all 50 states" - as I'm sure you're aware, I do that all the time - whenever I restore another old rig.

But let me know - I'll be in the shack in an hour and happy to try on 40.

We can use this thread to "text" and stay in sync while trying if you like :)

Dave
    W7UUU