Tuned input for a 4 - 1000 a grounded grid amplifier

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by NY5E, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W8DL

W8DL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron,
    Yes, I am still interested, just been crazy busy this week. Will try get you pics this weekend. Don

2. W8DL

W8DL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron,
    Sorry, I have been trying o get the pictures to you, but this system is giving me fits... I will keep trying.

Hopefully you will find some pictures following this:

3. NY5E

NY5E Ham Member QRZ Page

Don thanks for your effort but just whenever you can get some pictures no big big rush but I would like to get some heat in the room III

4. W8DL

W8DL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron,
    I gave up on trying to send the pictures using this system. I sent them directly to kb5lip@gmail.com. You should find them there since I tried it and it seemed to work.

Let me know if you get them.

Don

5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Driving input impedance for a single tube, grounded grid 4-1000A should be about 110 ohms.
    You could download the Pi-L calculator, free from Ben Tonne's website....
    Ymmv

6. KD5OEI

KD5OEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Ron,

I regret I have no tuned input for the 4-1000. I used to place a non-inductive resistor across mine to get close.

That same plate transformer, I believe has been gracing the lower shelf in my lab for years. If you are running 6500V, then I assume you are using a bridge rectifier with it. Has there been any issue with that?
    The transformer I have is center tapped and people usually warn against a bridge with high voltage center tapped transformers as the CT won't stand being elevated so far from GND.
    I note that on mine the CT has the same size insulator as the ends of the HV winding.
    Perhaps it is intended to stand the voltage.
    Can you comment on any brand/specs you have for that unit?
    Mine, I think, is 5850VCT but I have no other information, other than it's extremely heavy!

7. W8DL

W8DL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron,
    We seem to have lost communications.
    Are you still interested/receiving my/msgs?

Don

8. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

If the transformer is an oil filled cube with 4 mounting studs it may be a late model BC-610 plate transformer.

Those work fine with a full wave bridge choke input filter and make about 5500 VDC.