For Sale Tulip All-Mode 20W 160m-10m SDR Transceiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WA2T, Mar 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

I built two of these units (long story!) but only need one.

A Russian designed, Polish implementation (my understanding) of a very capable portable LCD Touchscreen SDR Transceiver. With Spectral and Waterfall displays, All-Mode (CW/SSB/AM/FM/Data), 20W, 160m-10m, built-in Keyer and Stereo speakers. Physically, a slightly heftier than a KX3 sized package.

I added a solid aluminum tuning knob (as opposed to the hollow knob the case came with) and a finger dimple. Very nice inertial tuning feel.

Here is a Youtube video of one of these units in action, there are other video's of the Tulip that can be found on YT as well:

$750 plus shipping. QRZ email good, email me with any questions.

The two attached pictures do not have my callsign in them, will take another and post it.

Robert

Tulip.JPG image1(22).JPG

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    KO6KL likes this.
  2. KA2ZEY

KA2ZEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi very interested in this. Does it run on batteries and doesn't have a tuner inside?

3. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Demian,

It can run on batteries, but not internally. The power is supplied through a 5.5mm x 2.5mm coaxial power jack (as seen in the end panel picture). It does not have an antenna tuner.

Please also see the additional picture with my callsign.

4. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

This picture also shows the "A" shaped legs I made from the "skis" that I bought with the case. The "skis" made the unit sit too vertical. I modified them and installed with screws using Loctite so that the screws would be just snug (so the legs would not flop around) yet not turn when the legs were moved. Works well and mimics the angle the Elecraft KX3 sits at on its legs (which I think is ideal).

Tulip.JPG

5. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a picture of the boards which go into the Tulip. Each of the three are double sided. A lot of surface mount assembly! 42.jpg

6. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Reducing the price to $700 plus shipping.

7. KA2ZEY

KA2ZEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Can ths rig operate digital modes direct with USB into HD780?

8. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD, DM780 you mean?

Not to my knowledge, I believe the Line In port would be used for I/Q outputs from a PC soundcard. I do not think the rig supports control by a PC.

9. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Edit: perhaps I should say: "I don't know if CAT port operation is possible". In discussion with an interested party, I was reading over a manual (by R6DAN one of the two electrical designers) I dug up somewhere online some time ago and it mentions "CAT TX" enable/disable.

10. WA2T

WA2T Ham Member QRZ Page

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.