TT8TT Chad Expedition Oct 3 - Oct 16

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W4PG, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

10 and 20 thus far. I only have the tribander here untill I order a DB18.. so I'm just looking for them on 15 now. The setup here is pretty ok. TH5 at 65ft or so, and QRO.

2. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

I heard them on 15 and 20 the past couple of nights and they were really loud....not sure if they were running an amp, but easily working west coast...for a while, that is all they were calling for...
    Haven't heard them on RTTY yet, at least, not during the time I have available...

3. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got Chad on 30M and got Rodriguez Island on 17M! Two new countries in less than 5 minutes and I may just go have a cold one! Now to see what other bands I can get. I would call your setup pretty nice!

4. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

When I have antennas for 12/17/30/40 and 80, I'd call it nice :-( I'm missing tons of fun currently. I don't have 3B9 on any band.. if they are on 17, I just get to watch everyone post on the cluster how they worked them with 10w and an attic dipole etc. My South facing balcony on a stucko and steel building doesnt help me any. Only an antenna on the roof would, and I'm only allowed 1 "antenna". My dog just produced a 2500 dollar vet bill - that was my partial Steppir DB18 fund! Arggggggggggggg!!

5. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Arggg is right, I would love to have a steppir at 75 feet on a crank up. I did work them on my 17M dipole which is head height off the floor of the attic or about 40 feet. We are about to become empty nesters and been looking at 10-70 acre farms around here. Then I will have 40-6 steppir and something big on 80M. I have 18 or so KT34 elements for playing around with when that day comes!

You know operating can make up for a little bit of antenna performance, but I'm always working the expeditions in their later days!

6. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Haven't had a chance for Digital modes (usually on when I am at work), but worked them on 75 CW, 40, 20, 17, 12, 15, 10 SSB/CW and 30 CW.

Mostly barefoot. Sometimes, like 40 and 75 CW it was hard work. Signals were poor.

Had to use my trusty receive antenna to hear them and less of the noise...really helped a lot.

7. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

TT8TT in LoTW now

8. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

receive today after OQRS

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.