ad: Radclub22-1

TS-850 Funny button problem

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by SA4MDN, Oct 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a TS-850 that has developed a problem, been having a problem over the past few months on 40mtr, sort of feed back type thing but only when running through an amplifier, sorted that now, the day after sorting the problem was on 40mtrs again when after TXing the radio was stuck in TX, took the covers off had a poke around put the covers back on and the TX light was out but none of the buttons on the front panel worked except the VFO, was receiving ok but the meter was not working, so covers off again to see if I pulled a cable of somewhere but all looked good, so covers back on again and fired it up, still the same, but this time I did a master reset, all buttons came back to life, but some of them now do different things when pressed, radio works perfect otherwise, when using HRD to control the radio the buttons on HRD work the radio as normal, so it seems like it may be a front panel problem but I cant find it, maybe the ground loop or whatever the original problem was corrupted something,

Any idea’s as to what this could be, just to add the radio has had all the capacitor’s changed and has one of those new style car boards fitted, plus new battery.

Many Thanks

Mick SA4MDN

2. KA5IPF

KA5IPF Ham Member QRZ Page

Battery has leaked. It has data lines under it.

3. SA4MDN

New battery, had a look around it, clean as a whistle, sorted now, took covers of again, unplugged every ribbon cable from the front panel to the rest of the radio, pulled all the plugs and put back, now everything is fine,

Mick

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

5. SA4MDN