ts 690s display problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by ZS5GMW, May 3, 2021 at 8:19 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. ZS5GMW

ZS5GMW Ham Member QRZ Page

hi all I have a TS690S THE FREQUENCY DISPLAY goes off after a while after the radio has been on for a while
    and the radio won't receive or transmit i am not sure what the problem is. can anyone help. thanks
    De Garth zs5gmw

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

On most synthesized rigs, if the PLL circuit becomes Unlocked, it stops you transmitting, and usually turns off the digital display so you know it's unlocked. Clearly it's drifting out of lock as the rig warms up.

If you're technical, you need to look in the Manual at how to adjust it.

Clif is the resident Kenwood guru . . . he may be able to help you.

Roger G3YRO

3. AA5MT

AA5MT Ham Member QRZ Page

The TS440 had a similar problem. It was a bad ground connection. You could slap the case and it would go to working. The permanent solution was to remove all the ground screws and put star washers under them.

Tom

4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, the PLL becoming unlocked COULD just be a poor connection, rather than mis-alignment . . .

I must admit, I usually forget to suggest unplugging all the board connectors and re-connecting them (to clean the contacts), as that is Common Sense to me, and I imagine others would have already tried that !

This is something that needs doing every so often on ALL electronic equipment, in my experience it clears most faults on Computers, TVs, etc. (even more so on Car Engines, where all the connectors are in a hot & dirty environment, yet there are so many connectors to cause problems these days)

Roger G3YRO