ts-590 mod help

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3HRN, Sep 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3HRN

K3HRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased a ts-590 rig and want to use it on MARS. Due to a tremor, it's impossible for me to perform delicate modifications to circuit boards. Wondering if there are any hams close to Baltimore, MD who have performed the mod who would be willing to do iot for me.

From what I read, it's a very simply mod...one that might be accomplished during an eye-ball visit.

If the above is not possible, I'm open to taking it to a shop that can do the work. Would rather not ship the unit.

tnx es 73
    Thom K3HRN
    www.zerobeat.net

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

With your MARS authorization call sign, MARS will be able to provide that (ACCURATE) information. Yaesu will probably be able to provide the same information, if you provide a legitimate MARS call sign. It should be possible for you or anyone to make the mod; but unless you already have a MARS call sign, don't ask HERE. Sorry, but THAT is QRZ rules.

3. WA9SVD

Sorry. I meant "Yaesu, Kenwood, or Icom" as the "big three" that may be able to provide your required information. Other manufacturers should be contacted directly.

4. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Your best bet would be to take it to a shop.

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Men are from Venus. Women are from Mars.

6. WA9SVD

A "legitimate and/or ethical " shop would ALSO require a person's MARS authorization before providing the "mod," and might NOT have the most accurate procedure. of course, YMMV.:(:rolleyes: MARS and/or the manufacturer are the best sources. but of course require a MARS call sign first.

7. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly.