ad: Radclub22-1

TS-2000 kenwood on CW with external tuner

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KK5E, Nov 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5E

KK5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I am visiting a friend in FL. I am allowed to set up an HF station. A friend loaned me a TS-2000. I am a CW fan. I hooked up an external tuner to the radio and I use a Bencher Iambic paddle. My problem is this, if I was using a straight key, all I would have to do is press the key down to turn on the Xmitter, giving me some output to tune the external tuner. But with the bencher paddle, I either get dots or dashes. Any way to turn on xmitter on in CW mode while bencher is hooked to radio? Yes, I can hook up a straight paddle and tun it on, but I don't even own one. Help! KK5E - Russ Cook

2. KM3F

KM3F Ham Member QRZ Page

Use AM or FM mode to tune with.
    I use Dot generation to even tune my amplifier for peak reading output and SWR.
    Should not be a problem using the keyer mode.
    Good luck.

3. N5TJD

N5TJD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

you can do as KM3F mentioned. The key port in the back is a mono 3.5mm, and stays active even with a paddle hooked up to the keyer port. you could either keep a straight key around, or rig up a push button. Perhaps easier would be to set your keyer speed to 60wpm and tune using a string of dots. Works great for tuners and amps.