ad: UR5CDX-1

Trying Win-EQF

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by W6AAL, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD1MA

KD1MA Ham Member QRZ Page

What's New

Win-EQF - Going QRT After 20 Years:

There aren't many ham radio programs that have lasted for more than 20 years, like Log-EQF. It has been a labor of love for most of that time, but sadly it's time to move on and let younger programmers fill the void.

There will be no further sales of Win-EQF "Log-EQF for Windows" after December 31, 2009. I will continue to provide technical support for at least one year after that, but there will be limited updates to the program.

I'm sorry if this decision disappoints some of you, but the constant work involved in supporting a Windows program for ham radio has become too time-intensive. The advent of Windows 7 was probably the last straw, on top of the never-ending changes required to accommodate new rigs, rotors, keyers, clusters, modes, contests, awards, callsign databases, etc.

I want to thank all of my loyal users for the many years of support. It's been a real pleasure meeting some of you at hamfests and club meetings. Some of those eyeball QSOs have turned into lasting friendships. In particular, many thanks to John Shelton, K1XN, for his help in recent years to keep Win-EQF in distribution and the the DXCC prefix list up-to-date.

Tom N3EQF

2. KC7OO

KC7OO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WIN-EQF GOING QRT

WIN-EQF has announced that they are going qrt after 20 years. Go to the website and click on what's new. I have used it for many years and appreciated their support and the ease of use.

KC7OO

3. KF6A

KF6A Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been using EQF for almost 15 years. It's a good thing I started using another logging program before I found out about this.

4. K7LES

K7LES Ham Member QRZ Page

Win-Eqf

Too. Bad, I have used it for years as well

5. K3GWK

K3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Win-EQF Discontinued

This is from the Win-EQF website:

A message from Tom, N3EQF:

At the end of 2009, sales of Win-EQF have been halted. After more than 20 years, the support effort required to maintain the logging software has by far out-weighed new purchases. It might be that the shareware concept of "test driving" the software was too generous, especially when the economy slumped. Regardless, it has been a labor of love, and I want to thank the many hams who supported me over the years. I will continue technical support of Win-EQF at least until the end of 2010. It is also still possible some other programmer(s) will take over Win-EQF and develop it further.

Tom N3EQF

6. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone wanting to sell their copy of Win/EQF??

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to the site and they no longer have the product. Since 2009 !:eek:
    I had EQF-log on a previous computer but it would not run on a replacement computer I got.
    I spent so much time typing into the computer log , I had little time to get on the air.
    Went back to pen and paper logbooking.

8. LA6VJA

LA6VJA Ham Member QRZ Page

9. LA6VJA

LA6VJA Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is good news! I was needing something to crack :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.