Trying to key IC-7300 with FLdigi

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by NX1Q, Dec 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NX1Q

NX1Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So many settings...

Everything works with just changing a few basics in the 7300 connectors menu, except key up. VOX won't work either. I have to hit the transmit button before each macro lol. Any overcomers?

2. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried FLRig? It has many trouble-shooting features. I first get CAT control working with FLRig and then add FLDigi, WSJT-X, or JS8Call.

3. NX1Q

No, I haven't. Thanks for that.

Keys up with wsjt-x right away.

4. NX1Q

Oh, does that mean that you got a 7300 to work with fldigi on psk31 perhaps?

5. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

No, not me. I have an IC-756PRO. But Cliff, AE5ZA, has done it with an IC-7300 and would be glad to help you. His email is on his QRZ page. Lots more useful information on the winfldigi@groups.io at:

https://groups.io/g/winfldigi/topics

6. AE5ZA

AE5ZA Ham Member QRZ Page

I strongly suggest that you carefully go step by step through the 7300 setup guide at this URL : http://www.w1hkj.com/doku/doku.php?id=howto:ic7300_setup and if you still are having problems then post on the winfldigi email list mentioned by W5DXP and we can help you further. I have a 7300 and it works FB with fldigi and flrig.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  7. NX1Q

Thanks much ! I'll get cracking over the weekend.

8. NX1Q

Good news. Seems like using Flrig in conjunction with fldigi seems to have done the trick. I think it has to do with getting the PTT to work on Flrig. Once I installed and got FL rig working, fldigi she left without doing anything else really other than adjusting one or two things in the 7300 menu. Setting the menu for USB only in the 7300 data mod menu is best also instead of mic, USB.

Thanks !