Trying to identify Radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8MLD, Jan 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W8MLD

W8MLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Trying to figure out what radio brand and model the radio hanging is. The logo looks like Icom. Recently got a deal on some gear. I could identify the Heathkit amp, two Icom 735s and some misc meters. I cannot seem to figure out what one this one is. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to figure out what I have coming to me.

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

A better photo would help a LOT!

Or is that the problem - you've only been given that one crappy picture to work from?

It took me a couple minutes even to FIND a radio in that photo! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WW0W, KA0USE, K0UO and 4 others like this.
  3. W8MLD

It is the terrible photo I got Dave. That is the issue I’m having also. The logo somewhat looks like an Icom logo, but I could not find one with that front panel. Even in discontinued models. This one has me stumped. Really wish this pic was better. All the other pics were great. I think he was trying to show me the computer also; which I didn’t purchase.

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A black panel on a black shelf? I may need a trip to the optometrist.

KA0USE and W8MLD like this.
  5. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

W8MLD and N2PQW like this.
  6. W8MLD

I think you are right. Thank you much. 73s

I tested both the Icom IC-735s tonight. Have great receive and both had full power out on xmit on all modes into a dummy. Have a bit more in-depth testing to run, but they seemed ok first time on the bench.

This radio and two 20 amp power supplies are still coming. He forgot his tools to take it out of the bracket, and was out of room in the car.

I still need to get the Heathkit SB-221 on the bench. It looks a bit iffy so I’m going take my time going through it. Has a few mods in it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    WW2PT likes this.
  7. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Or possibly an IC-481H. With no display or info, could be either.
    ( I can't seem to find any evidence that there was a 220Mhz variant, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. So maybe, an "IC-381H" ? )

upload_2021-1-21_0-20-45.png

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

W8MLD and WW2PT like this.
  8. KI5AAI

KI5AAI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your signature line is a bit off. The quote you use is from "First Duty". Picard was in command of the Enterprise NCC 1701-D at the time :)

WO9LF likes this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

As has been mentioned a better photo would be helpful. There appears to be writing on the microphone, would that be a clue?

10. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's an Icon but apparently you're not going to send us a better photo HI

K3XR likes this.