Trying to get FLdigi to work with IC 7100

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WM4MM, Oct 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. WB6ODR

WB6ODR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Blake, Is there any way to condense all this Wonderful information you have given us to something I can print out for my use with my IC-7100 and Windows 10 computer?? If so, please consider emailing it to me at: Lrsmith@cableone.net Thanks. Bob Smith WB6ODR

2. WB6ODR

WB6ODR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Blake, Guess what!! I was just poking around this morning trying to find out why I could not get FLDIG to key my IC7100. Some where along the way I read about an Auto Start of FLRIG. I found that tab this morning and configured it to find my FLRIG and Enabled it. IT WORKS!! I will try making a PK31 contact later today when I band opens for me.
    Bob WB6ODR

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. K5URU

K5URU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob,
    That's great! I'll have to add that to my bag of tricks! I apologize for not getting back to your earlier message sooner. I've been preparing to run my station portable on digital modes for Winter Field Day, so I haven't been online as much as I usually am. Had to go through all these steps again on my laptop, and you know how that goes! But I got it working just in time for the RTTY Roundup, and had a great time in that contest.

I'll see if I can put together a PDF file or something like that so we can both have a good reference for the fldigi/IC-7100 setup info.

I had a nice PSK31 QSO the other day with a gentleman on a cruise ship near Panama. He was using the back rail of the ship (and the ocean) as his RF ground. :) That sounds fun.

Talk to you soon,

Blake K5URU

4. N7XRD

N7XRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great info Blake thanks so much I'm trying to get a 7100 at the EOC setup to run Fldigi!!

Steve N7XRD

5. K5URU

K5URU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent! I just love this little radio. Inexpensive, versatile, and very capable. Please let me know if you run into any hiccups in the setup or operation; I'll do my best to help.

73 de Blake K5URU