Try 60M FT8

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K6CRC, Aug 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand that quite well, and the different offsets depending on the mode in use.

my point was about the erroneous statement of " CW is NOT allowed on the USB frequencies and USB NOT allowed on the CW frequency. "

ALL modes are REQUIRED to be centered on the same "center slot".

Oh,and by the way,.... it's Amateur Extra..... two words;)

Perhaps you should talk to the people in Miami that hang out 1.5 Kc above channel 3 center slot.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    K3XR likes this.
  2. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your help guys --- Layne AE1N

3. K6CRC

K6CRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Some enjoy the challenge. No awards or paper are needed, just the fun of it.
    For me, it wasn't a 'plea', just asking for some help.
    I would do it for another ham, but, of course, no one needs California....

NA5WH and KL1T like this.
  4. W7IV

W7IV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The agenda being, "Not wanting to promote rampant, ignorant use of a secondary allocation to the point where we lose what we have?"

5. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Love that 60 meter Channel 3 FT8 "mini-band"! :D

Nearly 100 DXCC listed entities logged across all modes on 60m here now. Great fun to pick them off with a low angle lobe antenna.

Concerns about "center frequency" long ago dispelled per ARRL in 2012.

"In an e-mail response to ARRL Chief Executive Officer David Sumner, K1ZZ, Karl Nebbia, Associate Administrator of the NTIA Office of Spectrum Management, stated, “NTIA has no interest in limiting the types of emission used by the amateurs as long as the data emission does not exceed the 2.8 kHz bandwidth generated by the upper sideband transmitter.”

One signal per station, ie, no multiplex. Nothing else states where an AFSK modulation signal is to be located within the permissible centered suppressed carrier SSB pass band.

Obviously if in seven years the NTIA hasn't objected to de facto 60m FT8 operations using the whole allocated channel, the FCC doesn't give a hoot either. No harm, no foul. It wouldn't be the first time a weakness or ambiguity in Part 97 has been sidestepped (see §97.313 (a)) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 8:56 PM
  6. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

FT 8. Please keep it on Channel 3, ARRL really hasn't set any band plans up for 60, but it is a quasi gentlemen agreement to stay on Channel 3. Remember 60m is shared by NTIA government entities.
    All the Plan band plans are adopted because of standard and good amateur practice. At this point FT 8 grew so fast, before anybody could decide what to do about a 60 meter band or should I say Channel plan.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 9:14 PM