Try 60M FT8

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K6CRC, Aug 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

What kind of a reason is that? Not everyone worships the great ARRL or even cares about silly paper awards.
    (You obviously feel the same - Mr "eQSL only")

YV6CA and ND6M like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Same exact way as any other digital USB mode

Dave
    W7UUU

3. W6SA

W6SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Excerpt from reply from ARRL regarding why there are no awards on 60 meters.

There are many reasons. First would be that ham radio is a secondary user of the channelized 60m band and was given this allocation to fill a void between 3.5 MHz and 7 MHz strengthening the Amateur Radio Service’s ability to provide medium haul communications during times of emergency.

The allocation also permits primary use government agencies to communicate to amateurs as was demonstrated during the hurricanes in the Caribbean in 2017.

Many countries are lobbying for a 5 MHz allocation and promoting competition which brings out bad behavior in some people may thwart their efforts.

And finally from a DXCC pursuit there are not 100 countries that have an allocation on 60m making it impossible to earn DXCC.

4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

You can have a mixed DXCC from different bands. That argument doesn't hold water. If they're arguing you can't get a 60m specific DXCC award, that's a different matter, but a mixed DXXC shouldn't be an issue.

Also, it doesn't really explain why you can't get any 60m credit for a basic WAS award, also mixed band.

ND6M likes this.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL currently provides awards for OTHER bands where U.S. Amateurs are secondary users.

As can currently be done on ANY band, or perhaps you are referring to those Pactor 4 modems that were never used.

Then the ARRL needs to stop all awards on most HF bands. (14.313, 7.200, 3.840, ect.)

6. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

60M is hopping tonight - lots of EU and SA contacts from NJ

7. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoy chasing ARRL awards but I certainly don't limit my on air activities to what the ARRL will and will not accept.

ND6M likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked Andy, SP3AM on 60 meters FT-8 some good activity tonight.

9. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Neither do I.

I just find it useless to make pleas for certain states to engage in 60m activity, since the implied reason is WAS.

10. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a difference between getting the WAS "award" and having worked all states. Some of us have targets that may not be "award-related" ... like working all counties ( states ) ( countries ) ( prefixes ) ( zones ) on every band-mode. I don't operate on 60 meters, but I can surely understand someone wanting to work all states on 60 meters.

YV6CA, W7UUU, ND6M and 1 other person like this.