Try 60M FT8

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by K6CRC, Aug 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6CRC

K6CRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Noticeable increase in activity that past couple of weeks.
    Still tough to get states with smaller ham population.
    If you are in DE, MD, MT, WY, ND, or SD, try 60M FT8
    Your chance to be a hero...

AG5CK likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just tried 60m FT8 over the weekend and worked a number of new states on that band. Weird though - someone was sending what sounded like SSTV over the top, along with a couple of CW contacts going on.

I wonder if the US will ever go "full VFO" on 60

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Yaesu FT-950 which has programmed 60 meter channels allowing SSB and CW. Has anyone figured out how to use it on 60 meters? --- Layne AE1N

4. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you change the ssb audio input to data in the menu? My ftdx1200 will do this. It's also useful if you ever wanted to use an external audio equipment.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no need to be a "hero".

Besides, the ARRL doesn't recognize any contacts made on 60m as counting towards awards like WAS and DXCC.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So?

K3RW, ND6M and YV6CA like this.
  7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats because the ARRL has an agenda to push................... Pffft!

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's all in the manual and very easy to follow instructions. The FT-950 works great on 60m. I don't have the manual handy but just dig it up and find the section or do a Google.

Super easy.

Dave
    W7UUU

9. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

What I really mean is that I need a way to use the FT-950 using FT8! (sorry for any confusion) --- Layne AE1N

10. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

If it has SSB, simply plug a cord into the computer sound card and the mic&phono on the radio. The new computer control features are nice but not needed for basic FT8.