TRUCKERS FREQUENCY

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KG6UGS, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KA7O

KA7O Ham Member QRZ Page

No sweat Larry - tiz cool. Have had my share of 'em too.

Better days for all of us!

2. N3MQM

N3MQM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in:D;)

3. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

You think this is funny?

Pop over to the "Radio Mods and Tips" sub-forum and ask about the 'MARS/CAP mod' which enables the (insert_mobile_HF_rig_of_choice_here) to TX on those "...trucker frequencies...". [​IMG]

4. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

Bond, Bond. Bond - I used mine as a ground plane and had varying results from excellent to mediocre. I suspect expansion and contraction throughout the day as it heated up and then cooled off. I do have a couple of steel roofs that I had built and they do make great ground planes on the higher bands limited by their size only. Now if we could ever get some sun spots this way.

At least I don't have to worry about my siding ever rotting away.:)

5. ZL1UZM

ZL1UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.

6. WC5B

WC5B Ham Member QRZ Page

WC5B Approved Post :cool:

7. K9YU

K9YU Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread say a whole lot about ham radio.

You can look at this thread and it says a whole lot about amatuer radio.
    You can laugh,cry, or complain but its all here.

8. K4KWH

K4KWH Guest

As for calling them on CW... Thats funny. ROFL Man I hate that too. Trust me. But actually, not to be critical or nothing, but just doing that you broke the law yourself. Sense we are all such angels on this thread, you may need confession. (quote)

Broke the law? HOW? Yes, yes, yes, I know the regulation you're referring to..................but. If there is an ILLEGAL station that has NO business there in the first freakin' place, then the interpretation that so many hams apply to it means that if a LICENSED, RIGHTFUL, INCUMBENT ham wants to use a particular frequency, he would have to stand by for some SOB that has no **** business using the frequency AT ALL. That is NOT the intent of the rule; it MEANS interference to OTHER legal stations as well, NOT some filthy piece of dung that thinks he's got them thar rah'ts to them thar channels (thar). If a station is INTENTIONALLY QRM'ing another station, THEN he is subject to a ticket, NOT because there is some clown with a 2-digit IQ ) goin' "BREAK THAR ON TH' CHANNEL THAR, G'RET DAY 'LIVE THAR, MERCY SAKES"! And don't forget about PILEUPS; if you want to be a stickler about not interfering with ILLEGAL stations, then you best quit participating in PILEUPS where it's every man for himself!!!!!!:eek: Illegal stations have NO protection from "interference" from those who are licensed to USE the band! That is just plain crazy! A bit of common sense is in order when interpreting rules!

If I HEAR some ignorant, unlicensed doofus on the frequency, I will call CQ, call him names........anything I want to RIGHT ON TOP of him (CW). If I hear a callsign, or "BK", etc, I will immediately acknowledge him (a legal station) and/or stand by. I will NOT stand by for some sonuva**** than has no business being there in the first place! That question has been asked AND answered long ago!:)

9. KE7VLC

KE7VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ted as far as what frequencies that are popular between California and Arizona I am not going to know. However there is the Condor linked system that links some repeaters in California to ones in Arizona. Don't know much about them but if you google Ham Radio Condor Link I am sure you will get some info. There is also another great linked system in the southeast side of Arizona between Tucson and New Mexico, and then another one that connects Phoenix all the way up to Flagstaff and then over to Payson, Showlow, Greer, Eager, Springerville and down into Globe, Miami (Arizona not Florida) and into some of the mountains down that area.

Also try http://www.azrepeaters.net/ This will give you all the different repeaters, their frequencies, PL Tones, and if they are an open repeater or closed. It will not mention if there are any nets on these repeaters and for that you might have to talk to some local truckers at some truck stops and see what they use.

Hope this helps.

10. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it's a bit of a stretch to condense and condem the entirety of amateur radio into this thread. OTOH, one can certainly draw conclusions about the thought processes of certain hams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.