Truck Driver Hams, Thank You for keeping us supplied

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0UO, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are many truck drivers who are amateur radio operators.

Most people don't understand the struggle that the drivers are going through on the roads now.
    1. Most all the roadside rest areas are closed.
    2. Many truck stops are now limiting the number of people that go into the store. Creating delays and hardships and making it very difficult to find restrooms, since the State areas are closed.
    3. In many areas the showers have been closed down.
    4. The Restaurants are all closed, so it's increasingly difficult to get food, just try driving a 18 wheeler through a drive-thru window.

The whole country would be totally shut down and the shelves would be emptier than they are without the efforts of These Hard Working American truck drivers, many of which are Amateur Radio operators.

At least the supply chain hasn't been totally broken, amd it is because of their efforts.

Many are driving Coast-to-Coast away from their loved ones, many are doing the local deliveries to your stores.

Next time you hear a truck driver on HF or your local repeater tell them
    Thank you

KC0KEK, KN6SD, N3AWS and 17 others like this.
  2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Railroad and maritime folks too.

K4AGO, W4NNF, N0TZU and 3 others like this.
  3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd also thank Sir Richard (Virgin Airlines) for donating a 747 to fly round-trip to Hong Kong to bring in tens of thousands of needed medical supplies and test kits; and even Elon Musk, who just paid for 1250 respirators out of his pocket.

I poke fun at billionaires sometimes, but there are some good ones, too.

WZ7U and K0UO like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K3XR likes this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not surprised. Elon is one of those oddball rich people, and he tends to say crazy things and actually do them.

WD4IGX likes this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes drivers, THANK YOU for being there for us.

I hope the lower fuel prices are going through to trucking too.

K4AGO, K0MB and AC8UN like this.
  8. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought diesel for the 2004 Peterbilt I drive yesterday in Iowa Park, Tx. $1.89 a gallon. And with a store discount card, 3 cent more off. Gasoline is down to as little as $1.30 a gallon in several places.
    Rest stops in all the states I drive thru are open, except for a couple in Arkansas that were closed because they had water problems.
    Getting a hot meal that isn't fast food take out is a bit tough.
    Some truckstop restaurants do take out. Others are closed completely.
    I will be glad when things start to return to something approaching normal again. At 69 years old, having drove for nearly 50 of those years, it's starting to loose it attraction!
    Get my pickup paid for, then I'll retire!
    James
    WD5GWY

N2HUN, N5CM, N0TZU and 6 others like this.
  9. KC5CSG

KC5CSG Ham Member QRZ Page

I would also like to thank the stockers at the stores that work through the night and risking infection so I can easily grab the items I need from the shelves. I would like to thank the cashier, who has to stand face to face with me at risk, who actually sells the products to me.

I would like to thank the attendants at every gas station who make it possible for me to gas up my vehicle, grab cigarettes and beer, and the occasional bag of chips.

I would like to thank the burger flippers at all of these fast food restaurants who are still keeping life a little convenient for us all.

Here is the point. There are thousands of great Americans out there doing what they can to keep this country running. It's not always about the trucker, the fireman, the police officer, or the reflective vest wearing ham doing a bad job parking cars at the air show.

THANK YOU AMERICA!

KC5CSG

N2HUN, KC8QMU, G3ZPF and 5 others like this.
  10. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

James, there will always be something else to purchase that you’ll want! Retirement can be overrated sometimes.... If you do retire, then find a way to keep busy everyday! A body in motion stays in motion....

Frank

K4AGO likes this.