Trio TS-510 Power Supply

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by K6YF, Mar 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K6YF

K6YF Ham Member QRZ Page

Most likely a better profit margin with the sweep tubes.

2. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

I found the manual online - might be clearer?

Key factor is that it has enough VA.

Trio/Kenwood went through a couple of early designs in a few years and then struck gold with the TS-520S.

Interesting how both Kenwood and Yaesu tried to hide the origin of their rigs in the USA by rebranding them and selling through known US distributors (Allied and Henry).

73 es GL de Jim, N2EY

3. K6YF

K6YF Ham Member QRZ Page

\

Thanks - That's where I found mine, but I guess it really doesn't matter how clear it is if it only operates at 240V.

I'm hoping 500VA will do the trick.

N2EY likes this.
  4. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect that was mainly due to a) a reluctance of many Americans to buy non-American equipment and b) Import Duty (which I suspect the Tempo One got around - I gather it was much cheaper than the FT200.)

Here in Britain by the 70s there was only the ageing British KW2000, and the Japanese rigs were much cheaper than the American ones.

Yaesu got established sooner than Trio/Kenwood over here, with their FT400/FT401 transceivers and FR400/FL400 separates . . . and when they brought out the FT101 it became the top-selling rig over here. (not many people bought the FT200 as it wasn't much cheaper than the FT101 and didn't cover 160m)

Roger G3YRO

5. G0MIH

G0MIH Ham Member QRZ Page

That very interesting. I once abd a, kenwood RS 830S that only would run from a, 100 volt AC supply.
    Never seen one like that.
    I think it was for Japan use only?