ad: elecraft

Wanted Trio Kenwood PS-510 power supply

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KA3HIZ, Oct 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KA3HIZ

KA3HIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi. i am looking for a Trio-Kenwood PS-510 power supply either working, or repairable with good transformers.
    I live in Maui, HI and will pay shipping costs. (USPS can ship up to 70lbs. from mainland U.S.)
    Please contact at kinorider@gmail.com or PM thru QRZ. Mahalo and 73's de KA3HIZ/H6 - Dave.

2. KA3HIZ

Seems that someone may be using the callsign KB3DHZ to run a scam. i have sent money via PayPal and so far, no item. Also he stopped responding when asking for a receipt from the post office for shipping. I am investigating.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you use Friends & Family?

4. KA3HIZ

Yes i did. Paypal is investigating. i am also covered by my platinum credit card as well. It wasn't until i received the receipt that it came back under a different email address, which the user stated was his partner. No further communication happened since 2 wks ago, when asked to the receipt for shipping.

5. KA2FIR

From QRZ swapmeet safety rules:

Payments and PayPal
    Requests for Friends and Family (FF) payments using PayPal are strictly prohibited.
    Using friends and family payments in this context is simply a way to avoid paying PayPal fees is unethical and arguably amounts to a theft of their service. Additionally, all PayPal buyer protections are forfeited when Friends and Family payments are used. Ads which ask for FF payments will simply be deleted.

6. KA3HIZ

Sorry, as this user was not a buyer/trader/seller by default, had requested that method. The user had responded to me via email and not thru QRZ. I also did not ask to use FF myself but am verifying FF was used as i originally believed i did not use it. Waiting on PP's verification, but feel free to delete. My intent on stating what was happening, regardless was to make QRZ and others beware that possible scams may be still happening on this forum. Regards, Dave-KA3HIZ.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  7. KA3HIZ

UPDATE: After re-reading PP's policy and verifying my transaction, the FF was used and the proper fee's paid. Neither party is a business. I an now aware that QRZ's policy was not violated in this transaction, but for my own protection, will be more careful and most likely not use QRZ for any gear transactions in the future. Dave-KA3HIZ/H6.

8. KA2FIR

QRZ prohibits sellers from using F&F. They can't stop YOU, the BUYER from using it. You have to do your own due diligence. It doesn't matter where you do "gear transactions." The foreign criminal scammers are everywhere. You can't hide from them. The scammer you dealt with was neither your friend nor a family member. It's been said a millions times, if they want you to use F&F, RUN!

9. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.