ad: k1jek

Tried WSJT-X 2.0.0, why doesn't the country name display?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VE3GZB, Dec 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. VK4CQ

VK4CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This still works in 2021 also,how long can Joe persist with this dumb glitch.

ND6M likes this.
  2. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It may be bad design but it doesn't look like a glitch. The software displays what the writer(s) considers the most important attribute. Continent and zone are considered more important than country and so if you haven't worked those two items they will display initially then only display the country after you have worked the applicable zone and continent.

You'll see similar poor design on the state displays. The writers don't appear to care about WAS and so that one may want to work the same state for different bands isn't a consideration. Once you work a state it will not display anymore on any of the bands.

Hence JTAlert. It fixes most of these types of issues.

3. G0JDL

G0JDL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having the same problem in V2.3.0 (on an iMac running Catalina) and the solution above doesn't fix it for me.

4. W7WHB

W7WHB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well folks, Here is my poop. In previous version all of my CQ's would show up as green except for the countries that I have NOT made contact. Those country's were identified in RED. That let me know to GET THAT STATION. After making contact with the station that used to be RED is now will appear as GREEN so I won't have to deal with it again. With the new version of WSJT-X that does not happen.

5. NG1H

The colors don't change at all or they don't change to the colors you expect?

6. W7WHB

Before, any station from a country that I had not contacted showed up in RED. After I made contact (QSO), anything further from any station in that country would show up Green. Thats the way I want it. That is the way it used to be. The new 2.5 version of WSJT-X wiped that out.

7. NG1H

That didn't answer the question. Is your complaint that it is not showing new countries or that the new countries no longer show in red?

If they aren't showing up the solution is [File],[Settings],[Colors] then check both "New DXCC" and "New DXCC on Band".

If you don't like the colors just go to the same place, right click on each of the above two items and change the color to whatever you want.

8. W7WHB

New countries are not showing red. in the color settings there is NO check box for countries. Only continents.

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting.
    Do you have this setting in 2.5?
    settings.jpg

10. NG1H

FYI That setting is still there in V 2.5.0 rc5. And the color options are still there even with the box unchecked in the same version.

Also - To W7WHB - did you note above that it won't be called "Countries" but "DXCC" in the color chart?