Tried WSJT-X 2.0.0, why doesn't the country name display?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VE3GZB, Dec 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both V1.9.1 and V2.0.0 installed on my Windows 10 box (in different directories).

I can run V1.9.1 and the nice feature i like is that it shows the name of the country. No searching needed. Works flawlessly, lets me decide to chase DX right away.

V2.0.0 doesn't do this. It shows either "NA" or "CQ Zone xx" where xx is some arbitrary number. Useless.

The signals I am receiving and decoding through V2.0.0 I assume are being sent by WSJT-X V2.0.0 by other hams since the blurb accompanying V2.0.0 states there is no backward compatibility between V2.0.0 and earlier versions.

So much for new and improved. It seems like a step backwards in functionality.

PS: How can I keep my old colours? The new colours are so strong it actually hurts my eyes.

IMG_8466.JPG IMG_8467.JPG

AA4MY likes this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats because of the setting you have selected in the setup menu.

go SETTINGS
    GENERAL
    then uncheck the "Show Principal country prefix instead of Country name" box

3. VE3GZB

I tried it.

Then the area where country is supposed to display remains blank.

K6BTM likes this.
  4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

put as check in "show DXCC, grid... ect" box

SV5SKH likes this.
  5. VE3GZB

I make the change, then quit and relaunch WSJT-X (in case preferences are read only at application launch). No deviation from the behavior I previously described is observed.

The country names of DX stations doesn't display, it continues to state "CQ zone xx" only.

WSJT-X V1.9.1 performs properly.

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee, I dunno then, my Ver 2,0 displays country names.

perhaps you should completely delete Ver 2.0 . re down load it and reinstall.

good luck

7. VE3GZB

Strange. I only installed it yesterday and the process seemed to go normally. I guess I'll have to try something.

Thanks and 73s, geo

8. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sometimes when I make changes I have to shut down the computer and restart WSJT-X for them to take affect.

9. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to Setting-Colors and put a check mark for the items you want to see colors for.

AG7PL likes this.
  10. K6BTM

K6BTM Ham Member QRZ Page

Settings, general, Uncheck show prefix not country. worked for me. GL 73

ND6M likes this.