TRIED TO RUN WSJT-X FOR MAC

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W6PJJ, Nov 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NG9F

NG9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I get "no such file or directory"

2. EA3HOE

EA3HOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you do the first "find" command?

3. W7HFF

W7HFF Ham Member QRZ Page

I've attached the file in this post, as well as the README.

You'll want to read the README file (just double click it) and it'll tell you where/how to place the control file.

Note you'll want to name the sysctl.conf.txt file to sysctl.conf (i.e. without the .txt extension)

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

4. WD4NG

WD4NG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The sysctl.conf file is downloaded with the .dmg to install FLDIGI. You then can follow the instructions in the readme.txt file that is in the folder with the app. You have to manually move the sysctl.conf file to the desktop.

5. KC3KBE

KC3KBE Ham Member QRZ Page

The file "/etc/sysctl.conf" may not exist on your Mac. If the file is not there, then create it and add the contents are specified in the README file of WSJT-X. Here are the contents of my "/etc/sysctl.conf" and the file permissions and file ownership. After creating and populating the file, reboot.

Jonathans-MacBook-Pro:CSVs jonathanbresler$ more /etc/sysctl.conf
    kern.sysv.shmmax=14680064
    kern.sysv.shmmin=1
    kern.sysv.shmmni=128
    kern.sysv.shmseg=32
    kern.sysv.shmall=17920

Jonathans-MacBook-Pro:CSVs jonathanbresler$ ls -Fla /etc/sysctl.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 109 Jan 8 14:39 /etc/sysctl.conf

6. W8TJM

W8TJM Ham Member QRZ Page

I get the same message when following the instructions in the ReadMe file. No Joy so far.

7. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not to be a jerk about this, but the instructions work, if you follow them exactly.

You say you get this "no such file or directory" message. When do you get it? What command did you issue immediately before that in order to generate that message. There are several opportunities for that message to pop up, so a bit more detail is in order.

NN4RH likes this.
  8. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Additionally, provide a screen capture after each terminal command so as to identify the step you're missing.

9. K1ABX

K1ABX Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, these h4x0rs :) Just run two commands in the terminal, without downloading any files :

1) sudo su
    2) echo "kern.sysv.shmmax=14680064
    kern.sysv.shmmin=1
    kern.sysv.shmmni=128
    kern.sysv.shmseg=32
    kern.sysv.shmall=17920
    " >> /etc/sysctl.conf
    3) profit!

P.S. It is absolutely unnecessary to prefix all of your commands with "sudo" on a single-user system when you're intentionally doing system-level work.

K3DCW likes this.
  10. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I suspect a lack of comfort at the command line, but this works too.

NN4RH, W8TJM and K1ABX like this.