TRIED TO RUN WSJT-X FOR MAC

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W6PJJ, Nov 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. W6PJJ

W6PJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Today I downloaded the application WSJT-X so I could run it on my iMAC in the Ham-Shack. That computer is running 10. 11.6 El Capitan. Just when I thought I had done everything according to the prompts, I received a panel that says, "Unable to create shared memory segment." Probably a good answer if your a code-jockey but I have no idea of how to get past this warning. Anyone have a similar issue? Suggestions and advice, always welcome and appreciated.

Don W6PJJ

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Don,
    Can you open a Word doc? I ask because I created a file to configure the Mac for WSJT-X and it explains how to fix the issue.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The instructions in the README file included with the download tell how to address this. I can't remember the file name, but once you edit the values, you have to reboot for them to take effect. There have also been reports of some instances where copying and pasting, replacing the existing file with the one downloaded with the WSTJ-X DMG, or the use of odd editors has created extra spaces/carriage returns which prevent the changes from taking. I found it best to manually make the changes from the command line using Nano.

Dave

4. W6PJJ

Yes, I can...I have Windows Office for Mac installed on that iMac.

5. AI6AK

OK Don, I just emailed it to you.

6. W6PJJ

AI6AK:

Thank you very much.

7. AI6AK

You're welcome Don. Any questions just ask away.

8. NG9F

NG9F Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having the same issue and can't find the sysctl.conf file anywhere. I've used terminal to show system files and still no luck. Any help would be most appreciated!

9. NG9F

NG9F Ham Member QRZ Page

Help! I'm desperate!

10. EA3HOE

EA3HOE Ham Member QRZ Page

find / -name sysctl.conf 2>/dev/null

results in

/private/etc/sysctl.conf

Hope this helps,

Ton.