ad: elecraft

TRENDY DX Worked!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Apr 7, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

a cool one for me in this time of desolation of dx. i worked YB2TJV on 80m cw dxcc number 7 on 80m i dotn ahve much of a set up :)

2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ya just never know !!!
    I'm just sittin' here, playing on the computer & listening on 20m with my Realistic DX-302 rcvr,... & I hear
    VK2AET calling CQ on 14045 @ 0545Z. My TenTec Century-22 was in stand-by. I answered his CQ with my 15 watts/80m dipole & we chatted for 10 minutes !!! He was running 300 watts & was 579 (on a DEAD band) !!!
    He copied my 15w @ 559 !!! (yes,... I said DX-302) :eek:
    Ya just never know !!!!:)
    ya gotta love it !!!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  3. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

BIB,

Propagation to VK has been very good late at night on 20 lately. JA likewise. Throw a few CQs out there and see what happens.

Bill

4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Now that is a QSO!!! Congrats!!

5. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Picked up 2 new countries on 6m tonight, US Virgin Islands and St. Lucia. I heard just a little whisper of Montserrat but I think he went qrt before sigs were good enough to hear. 26 countries so far on 6m with a little 3el m2 on the roof and 100w.. Not too bad..

6. VK3KTT

worked portugal on 40m today @ 5:30 pm lp with ssb 100w and a sloper that made me happy

7. VK3KTT

worked VK0DMV today he is only running 50w and a dipole i was pretty happy with that with my 100w and tribander. also earlier in the week worked ek4jj 20m cw and 4l4ww 20m ssb it hasnt been all bad
    cheers

8. VK3KTT

worked VP5/KO8SCA Turks and Caicos island on 20m ssb yesterday for an all time new one 20m was terrible and he was the only signal even the ultra strong eu station were only 5/5. puttign out a great signal for his 100w have a listen for Adrian.
    cheers

9. VK3KTT

Not Much action from this thread for a while i thought i would post a few . now were are in a mini doldrums. all low band stuff for me i worked oj0dx market reef on 40m cw with my 100w and a dipole. also got some new ones on 80m E6GG and FW5JJ its tough goign out there atm but there is dx to be worked you just need a change of plan.

10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

10m opened just long enough to QSO with Jean (FW5JJ) using my HeathKit HW-9 (almost 2 watts out) & 80m OCF dipole up 20 feet !!!.

(from DXsummit.fi)

W5BIB

FW5JJ

23:05 30 Sep
    QSO with 2 watts !!! -gud ears-
    Wallis & Futuna Islands

FW5JJ

W5BIB

23:04 30 Sep

United States