TRENDY DX Worked!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Apr 7, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got FK8DD on 21 CW tonight. 5W0M on 10CW last night. Maybe the V63, but probably not. he was down in the noise.
    Log down the DX U are excited to log!

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I was listening around with my Elecraft K1 last night. I didn't work anything but I listened to Tom KC0W on 20 CW with a really good pileup going for a while. A LOT of Europeans calling him!! The band sounded pretty good.

3. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice snag with New Calendonia. I have that country in my log more than once, but NONE of them are confirmed! Grrrrr.....

Likewise with Samoa. I worked 5W0W in January and maybe its just taking him awhile!

Micronesia is a big nada, zip, zero in my logbook.

4. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was excited to work J75PX on 20m at 2230UTC last night (Rick, AI5P, on holiday in Dominica). First time Dominica in my log. Sitting in my Jeep waiting for my daughter, mil surplus AT271 3m whip antenna, TS480SAT running 5W and a mil surplus Larkspur key. Happy :)

5. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice one for sure I don't have it on 15m but do have it confirmed on 17/40m SSB.

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see the V63XG has me in the log according to Clublog, so guess I worked him after all. Sigs were very light and not many calling, but lotsa JAs which is a chipshot into V63. So it is wonderful my squeaky sig made it. I logged it just in case I DID make it, and looks like I am Golden! One by one, I am picking off stations to head towards a CW DXCC!

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

What's wrong with this picture?

8. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"What's wrong with this picture?"

Nothing at all. I have had contacts where I heard someone, called them , they heard me and called me back with signal report , I sent them a signal report , which they received and then never hear them send and Ack or 73 so it is not known if I was in the log but that is a valid 2 way contact.

9. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Plenty. Chuck out kWs to a DX station he can't hear, no doubt QRMing loads of other ops he can't hear, and then rejoicing because the DX station heard his call and logged it, despite there not being a proper decent contact. Of course, as Pat said a short while ago, to work CW you've only got to be able to send your call and maybe to recognise your call, maybe hear the other station say "TU" to the previous contact. It seems that according to Pat's book of CW DXing, even this one isn't a valid QSO and fails to meet his high standards of operating. Still, so long as he got what he wanted, that's all that matters........ ;):rolleyes::D

10. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Valid contact requires both stations to copy each others callsign and signal report. If that happened, fine. If not (and it appears Pat did not copy his signal report from the DX) it is not valid and should not be claimed regardless of what the other stations on line log says.