Travelling internationally with ham radio equipment

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by G6KVK, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VK4CH

    VK4CH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

    Here in sunny VK basically you can operate for 90 days by attaching a suffix to your callsign e.g. "M5KVK portable VK4" (if you were in VK4 of course)

    Our bands are a bit different to yours e.g. no 4m and our 80m is limited etc. Power is 400w ssb 120w FM. You have to play by our rules while you are here.

    Have fun and bring lots of money to spend :)
  2. W7DKK

    W7DKK Ham Member QRZ Page

    I'm back from the UK. The canal trip was one of the most relaxing ever.

    I did make contact on 2m using a VX-6R and standard rubber duck with a station about 5 miles away.

  3. NP4EA

    NP4EA Ham Member QRZ Page

    I have not read all comments in this tread but I suggest you document serial numbers of equipment with such to evidence that you are traveling with it to avoid being charged Customs duties, also in case of loss or stolen it can be documented on Police report.

  4. N4ADK

    N4ADK Ham Member QRZ Page

    Yeah, I'll be leaving the country (USA) in a few weeks and I'll most likely want to bring my Baofeng HT (and whip antenna) with me on board. Hopefully I won't have any troubles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page