ad: vanity

Transit through China with a radio

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by G7NQL, Sep 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That a beautiful photo of S/V Discovery in your Bio BJ. Have you done any WA7WJR/MM yet?

It would be interesting to see some photos from your trip to VietNam, I was there 1965-67 (around Danang & Phu-Bai)

Steve / W5BIB

2. WA7WJR

WA7WJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks again Steve. She's a great boat, and try to spend lots of time prep'ing her for another transpac in 2 years time. I made a handful of MM contacts this summer, and also worked QRP from British Columbia as /VE7/P a few times. Still trying to work out all the RFI issues on the boat; and will hopefully upgrade to a 756 pro II this winter and get rid of the M-710.

I spend about 4-5 months a year in Vietnam. This was the first trip to get on the air.
    I am sure Da Nang has changed quite a bit since your days there and will be happy to post some pics and send you the link.

BJ
    WA7WJR
    XV9WJR

3. G7NQL

G7NQL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the update, just goes to show that it'll depend on the person on that day how they interpret the rules.
    Most importantly the good outweighed the not so good. Loosing a gel cell isn't so bad. I assume they let you leave that behind and take the rest onboard ?

4. WA7WJR

WA7WJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it very much depends on the person at the time and how they individually interpret the rules. I have since checked with Delta, Korean Air indicated it is not a problem. I am also checking with other airlines that fly this route and airports I might transit for confirmation.

Yes, I only lost the battery. They had no issue with the radio (although they really didn't have a clue as to what it was).