Transferring QSO 's from qrz logbook to LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KF5LWR, May 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KF5LWR

KF5LWR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have heard that you can make them talk, but other than manually entering each one individually how can I transfer all the QSO's I have in my qrz logbook to LOTW? I started a LOTW account but I'm lost on how to use it. Thanks! 2 month general here.

2. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't use QRZ Logbook, but as I understand it:

1) In order to export your QRZ Logbook to LoTW, you have to be an XML Log subscriber ($29.95/year). Click on the “Subscribe” tab on the homepage for information.

2) Once you are an XML Subscriber, go to your callsign tab on the QRZ home page and click through to My Logbook.

3) On your Logbook page, click on Settings on the top bar.

4) On the Settings page, scroll down and click on ADIF Export.

5) Save the exported ADIF log file, then use LoTW’s “TQSL” utility to “sign” and upload that file to LoTW.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Also refer to: http://files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lotw_cert_guide.pdf

4. KF5LWR

KF5LWR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you. Gonna take care of this shortly. I just hope it's not too long for people to acknowledge the QSO's.

5. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

There's no such thing as "too long" on LoTW.

If the folks with whom you've had your contacts have uploaded them to LoTW, you will get a confirming match ("QSL") whenever you finally upload your contacts the system.

Likewise, if you upload your contacts to LoTW, you will get a confirming match ("QSL") whenever the other stations finally uploads those contacts to the system.

It's quite common to get QSLs on LoTW many years after the QSOs took place.

6. W9JPM

W9JPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

it gives me an error, can someone help me how to upload the logs on a different way.

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In order to upload QRZ records to LoTW you must be a subscriber at the XML or higher level. Same is true to be able to export QRZ records to create an ADIF file.

ADIF files may directly uploaded to LoTW using their TQSL software.

8. 9A2GB

9A2GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Upon the log file upload, does the LoTW accept/recognize QSOs already confirmed at QRZ.com and count it as confirmed DXCC entity? In the other words, does LoTW trust to QRZ.com without need for waiting for 2nd side to upload her/his log at LoTW? Thank you! VY 73 De Ivan, 9A2GB.

9. W1DQ

While QRZ provides credit for LoTW confirmations, LoTW does not provide credits for QRZ confirmed QSOs.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  10. 9A2GB

9A2GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your reply.
    It's too bad. Trust should be mutual, right?