Transfer call sign

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KE0OHB, Oct 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0OHB

    KE0OHB Ham Member QRZ Page

    I (KE0OHB) would like to transfer my deceased grandfathers call sign W0UGD to replace my own. Can someone tell me how to do this?
  2. EB1BSV

    EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

    Hello Jeff M Klein, KEO0HB, nice to meet you :)

    Please, notice that we are not FCC, we cannot change USA calls. Any change you wish you have to deal directly with the FCC.

    USA Hams and modifications to your license.

    This procedure is only for hams in the USA ONLY !!!!

    Here is some very simple information regarding the above subject. As one of the Senior Administrators on this website not a day goes by that I read another email from an American ham operator thinking we are the FCC.

    1) We are NOT the FCC and as such we are NOT authorized to make ANY changes to FCC data on your license. We can not change your name, address, FRN number, etc.

    2) When your license or any modifications show up on the FCC ULS please take note of the "Grant Date". Your new information will NOT appear on QRZ until 2-3 days after that date.

    3) If you just passed your first license and are waiting for your callsign do not ask us what your callsign is going to be or when it is going to be issued, WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT OR WHEN.

    4) Do not ask us what callsigns are available through the Vanity Callsign system, there are websites that deal with just that. You must do your own homework on available callsigns, we will not search for callsigns for you.

    73, Julio Cesar. EB1BSV/KI7HPQ

Share This Page

ad: w5yi