TQSL does not like ANY date,

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KN6JVS, Aug 2, 2020 at 6:13 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KN6JVS

KN6JVS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

First time user: just downloaded my certificate , I wanted to test it , so I got a couple of QSO's .

it keeps saying it does not like the dates ? the qso's were made 2020-08-02 I have tried a few day before and todays date for ending and also tomorrows date . all fail. read through the help files at https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/submitting-qsos/ nothing works. So I tried HRD logbook and tried a manual import and I get a " no match for call signs "

this was just a test to get these softwares working, but i'm lost

thanks for your time and help in advance

Best Regards
    Roman

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Since TQSL is an ARRL software product, have you tried reaching out to the ARRL for help?

http://www.arrl.org/lotw-help

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KG5THG

KG5THG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just to be sure what you have setup, under tqsl click callsign certificates, select your certificate and click view callsign certificate. That will show the start and end dates that are valid with that certificate.

4. KN6JVS

Hi Dave yes i sent a email , never have I come across a more difficult system in 62 years LOTW and it's post card and settings are beyond complicated to me.

5. KN6JVS

thanks I see the problem , I am looking through all the files where it is installed to change the start and end dates , seems I set them to 07-24 to 07-25 of 2020 , must have done it at signup , now to figure out where that can be changed , on the web site or on in a setup file yet to be found in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL.

I found it. changed it to 12-31-2022

it's tough to see a old man cry about software settings, and this used to be my game 30 years ago , have sons that program for a living. oh well that's life . thanks again your help did it

6. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The postcard employs the US Postal Service to confirm that you are who you say you are. How else would you do this?

[​IMG]

KN6JVS likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Some find it frustrating some find it easy.

But either way, getting assistance on TQSL questions really will take involvement with ARRL.

They are great on the phone - maybe try calling them Monday

Dave
    W7UUU

KN6JVS likes this.
  8. KN6JVS

I finally figured it out , I was the problem ;) (nothing new) evidently when I first signed up I entered 2 dates apart by ONE day, but for the *same year* . so I requested a new certificate . I understand WHY it is the way it is. it's just like a bunch of RSA certificates I signed years ago for a web site.
    it just was easier then ;) I think this process could be simplified in the future by emailing them a scanned image of your driver's license , the same one I showed the gentlemen VE's that I took the test for the FCC license in the first place.
    it reminds me of the methodology being used by the FED's for the new driver's licenses so you can board a flight. (mind you I used to have LAX security clearance when I worked at FEDEX )
    /rant on /
    I gave all that info in 1975 to Florida and in 1979 to California , and in 1980 to the Immigration Dept (who co-incidentally lost it when they went from paper records to Computers and then 10 years after I applied told me SORRY WE LOST YOU APPLICATION LMAO , what a setup ) if it was not for my dad who kept pushing me, I still be walking around with a green card . oh they also have my DNA LMAO . in another 5 or so years they will have my ashes too. sorry

/ranting as usual OFF /

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM
  9. W7UUU

Awesome! glad you figured it out.

The story goes that ARRL is so involved in absolute ID verification of QSO information due to the numerous fake DX-peditions in the 1960s by one Don Miller (and a few others) that earned DX credits that were not legitimate.

But I've never really seen the connection between "operating from a hotel on the beach but saying you're on a rare island" and LoTW / TQSL somehow solving that problem - so I don't really personally believe that old tale (the fake DX-peditions did happen, of course. But I just don't see how TQSL would have prevented such fakery)

Dave
    W7UUU

KN6JVS likes this.
  10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You're not going to slip anything by LoTW!! I had re-installed HRD and when I went to upload to LoTW, got an error that tQSL failed to sign the PDF because my Station Location was "FL" while the QSO had "Florida" listed. Somehow my settings in HRD had changed to "Florida" and when I changed it to "FL," all was well. Phew!! :)

.................Bob

KN6JVS likes this.